• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is love? <3

Years
I grew up a relatively loveless life, my mother loved me but my father ignored me up until I was an adult.
I think this has distorted me a bit? and it worries me because I feel like I'm incapable of loving? I've never really felt strong emotions of affection, even when I was dating, so I ended up cutting off the relationship with my GF at the time because I was scared. We are still friends though.

This also effects my relationships with family. My step father is a very emotional and huggy person but I'm still so distant, and I feel bad that I cannot return his love.

What do you guys think?

TY

Part of that problem I feel is wanting to force it. I've been there, but that only makes things feel more desperate. Just focus on other things, while keeping yourself open and you might get surprised. That's what worked for me.

Yes and no, many factors come into play with how that came to be with forcing one, but that's not for public eyes to be seen.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
People say "it can't be defined" because it means different things to different people. It's a somewhat fluid concept, but as long as it broadly falls under the category of attraction or attachment, I think it's fine to let people decide for themselves if they are or are not in love.

Back