• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] What is missing in my first city?

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2020
    Hi everyone.
    I started making a game that will mix all the current gens of pokemon and i made the first city with a gym.
    The problem is i feel like something is missing...
    Another problem is the type of the gym.
    I need some opinions.
    Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Sem Título.png
      Sem Título.png
      53.1 KB · Views: 122
    Years
  • It looks pretty busy. There's a lot of detail. Don't be afraid to ease it up a bit. A lot of detail can overload the player.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2020
    It looks pretty busy. There's a lot of detail. Don't be afraid to ease it up a bit. A lot of detail can overload the player.

My objective was to make a very detailed and good game with good story but i'll have in mind what you said 😄

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    It looks appealing, but here are my thoughts:
    - Too square (external part)
    - Getting from the top-left to bottom-right will be a nightmare; points of interest are all the way at the bottom
    - The area right above the Gym and Mart appears to be a heavy trading/selling site - perhaps remove the only house in that area (red roof) and make a path there instead? It also feels as though there should be a path where the Mart is at. Having one path seems awkward and makes it more difficult to navigate around. Having two paths on the side of the Pokemon Center is kinda good, since that's probably the first place players may want to go.

Back