• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the first Pokemon you ever saw?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • This ad adorned the pages of a gaming magazine that I read sometime in 1998.
    Spoiler:

Somehow, that wasn't enough to warrant any excitement from me. It wasn;t until I actually played the game that I started liking the series. XD

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Blastoise on the Blue version boxart. :P I'm honestly surprised that I didn't see Pikachu first, at least as far as I can remember. xP

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I honestly don't remember. But I think it was Pikachu.. you know, that yellow mouse that's always around Ash. ;)
    I don't really remember though. I'm just guessing that it's Pikachu because of all the TV commercials and whatnot. It could've been Blastoise or Charizard too. :/

TheSandMan

#1 Sandslash Fan
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, the first I've ever seen was Onix in the first episode but gamewise, I sure it was either Pikachu(being the mascot) or Charizard(from when I first got Red).

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • It was Clefairy for me (wasn't it the original pokemon mascot before pikachu/the first pokemon ever made?).

It was on the video of the first pokemon movie/show or whatever when Misty and Ash are in Mnt. Moon and they see Clefairy's and Paras's XD idk but I have it on video somewhere.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I remember my first Pokemon clearly haha it was Pikachu, When I was younger, I saw it on the pokemon yellow catridge and was excited to play, I used to think it was the strongest pokemon! ... especially when I started to watch the anime.

Years
  • I could not really answer that 100% truthfully, but that is only cause I really can remember i remember watching the very first pokemon episode on TV here in Australia. so if that was the first pokemon medium for me, the first pokemon i ever saw would have to be Mewtwo. But I can't remember if i already had some pokemon cards so if i did it would have to be Caterpie I only remember cause i wrote a 1 on the back of the card when my cousin gave it to me. So for me the first pokemon is a toss up between Mewtwo or Caterpie

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • The first Pokemon I ever saw was Pikachu from the very first commercial for the Red and Blue games. He was getting on the bus with the other pokemons. I guess that commercial really left an impression on me, because next thing you know, I was trying to catch 'em all.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It was probably Pikachu, since pokemon Yellow was my first game and it was on the cover...

Before my parents bought me pokemon yellow for my birthday I don't think I had any previous knowledge of pokemon.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Technically, it would be either Mew or Mewtwo as they appear first in the opening to the first season of the anime.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Charizard. I remembered those draconic eyes staring at me, while myself with sparkling eyes looked back at it.

Aafi

gaitors gonna gait.||
    Years
  • HAHAHA. Of course, Pikachu. Whenever I saw anything Pokemon-related, a lot of times they were incorporated into it.

Back