• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the Hottest Pepper You've Ever Tasted?!

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hello, everyone. This new year is starting cold, but I want to talk about something spicy. Peppers to be exact.

Last Thanksgiving, I had my family and co. come over for Thanksgiving dinner with my mom cooking various food, and my cousin brought us, well me, BBQ ribs with peppers I had not seen before. The peppers within the dish were miniature and orange, sliced; gravely assumed that they were just regular orange bell peppers. I tasted a sample of the ribs (the ribs were great btw) with a huge chunk of this pepper. Gradually, the spice of this pepper was getting hot to the point where I was tearing up from the spiciness; the ice cream fairly managed to cool down my tastebuds. Turns out after telling my cousin about the peppers that were in his dish and doing the research myself, I consumed a Habanero pepper which is more than 20x hotter than a Jalapeno pepper. According to the Scoville Heat Scale (measured by Scoville Heat Units > the level of heat based on the levels of capsaicin in a pepper), a single Habanero pepper can have a rated Scoville Heat Scale between 150,000 - 350,000 Scoville Units.

The next day, I consumed it again, and it gave me the same results. Never would have thought that this was going to change my life forever.

So, what is the hottest pepper you have tasted?

Back