• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What is the truck for in R/B/Y???

DeoxysOwns22

*Visit My Adoption Center*
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    Ive cn it every single time and Ive heard rumors that you can move it with snorlax who klnows strength when you get all 150....it dont work...so who knows what it is???

Thanx,.
    DeoxysOwns22

patey

teh virus of osiris -0369-
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2005
    why do you need mew? coz if so i got a better way of doin it [oh and i swear it works]
    that way you sed is just a lie sheeze pm me f you wana know how to get that mew

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Basically, the truck serves about the same purpose as a piece of wall. If I recall correctly, it was left in by the programmers for no apparent reason. (Hey, it's not like they actually thought anyone would go looking over there. After all, you need Surf to get to it, and the instant a player steps off the boat, it departs. And let's face it. It takes a bit of effort to actually lose to the trainers onboard that ship.)

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    Kazeto Tamashii said:
    Basically, the truck serves about the same purpose as a piece of wall. If I recall correctly, it was left in by the programmers for no apparent reason. (Hey, it's not like they actually thought anyone would go looking over there. After all, you need Surf to get to it, and the instant a player steps off the boat, it departs. And let's face it. It takes a bit of effort to actually lose to the trainers onboard that ship.)

you're supposed to have somebody trade you a pokemon with cut so you don't have to go on the ship at all.

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
    I still remember all the rumors for that thing. A couple are up on my site in my Rumor Dedication.

Yeah, the truck is basicly an easter egg of something that might have been planned for later on. Heck you can find keys in the Game Corner, which may actually belong to the truck. Who knows. With the minds of programmers... I'll stop right there.

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
    DeoxysOwns22 said:
    Ive cn it every single time and Ive heard rumors that you can move it with snorlax who klnows strength when you get all 150....it dont work...so who knows what it is???

Thanx,.
    DeoxysOwns22

A joke from someone who started that rumour. That may be a disappointment though, but there is one trick from a website I tried-and it worked!

First try to go to the ship. There should be a sailor stopping you. Then, quickly go to the right and save, then restart the game. After that, surf on the water. You should realise that you are surfing on the sailor instead. This way you can go to the ship anytime.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm thinking they had plans for it, but never finished them...prehaps it was there just to make us think up threories...I've also found the keys...I also heard they put it in FR?LG aswell

Years
    Probably the programmers just wanted to tease the players.
    I tried it out a long time ago and I was very disappointed when I found out that it doesn't work :/

Last edited:
    Years
    Tch. Decorative purposes ONLY! End of story!
    Well they added a Lava Cookie on tha ground somewhere in that area(south, down the dock's bridge) in FR/LG but that place including its truck do nothing at all!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    In the English games the truck serves no event purose; in the original game in Japan (Pocket-Monsters Green Version) if you had completely beaten the game (all 150 pkmn & e4) you could surf over to the truck and use Strength with all the Pokemon in your party. When you did so, you would see the truck move forward once. Afterward, you would see a lapras-like thing (surfing) come to the land you are at. He will then give you Mew.
    Nintendo of America evidentally wanted Mew to be special, and only obtainable in Nintendo events.
    THEY DID LEAVE THE TRUCK FOR A REASON! As you may have encountered throughout your Red or Blue version(s), there have been several sprite malfunctions. Most commonly in caves or on water: If you are to even to step near these certain areas and save the game or even open the menu, your sprite will be stuck and unable to move. The area right above where the truck is is one of those spots. Even in the Japanese Green version, once you pushed it aside and walked up, if you were to save the game or open the menu, when you continued your sprite would be unable to move.
    ~I know this because I downloaded the 40% translated ROM, It's messed up because Pokemon names are spelled with smiley faces, hearts, other designs, and glitch symbols.~
    |||Does GreenVersion's Mew remind any of ya'll of a lizard?|||

Last edited:

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    The Guy above me is completly %100 wrong to the extreme.

Now the only way to get Mew in other contries apart from Japan was to go to an event that was somewhere around ten years ago.

But in Japan if got all 150 pokemon you talk to the Game desinger who gives you the Certicicate he will give you the me.

THEY ARE THE ONLY WAYS TO GET HIM.

Sapphire Skitty

Litterally!
    Years
    That's not the only way to get Mew.

Try using the Mew glitch, Happy Dude.

But about the truck.........I surfed over the S.S Anne guard and inspected the truck.

It's just.......a useless bunch of pixels.

However, I've never heard of keys to the truck in the game corner. I'll try that out;maybe the truck is used to run over Gary! (I'm seriously hoping that's what it's for)

Years
    KougaWolf said:
    In the English games the truck serves no event purose; in the original game in Japan (Pocket-Monsters Green Version) if you had completely beaten the game (all 150 pkmn & e4) you could surf over to the truck and use Strength with all the Pokemon in your party. When you did so, you would see the truck move forward once. Afterward, you would see a lapras-like thing (surfing) come to the land you are at. He will then give you Mew.
    Nintendo of America evidentally wanted Mew to be special, and only obtainable in Nintendo events.
    THEY DID LEAVE THE TRUCK FOR A REASON! As you may have encountered throughout your Red or Blue version(s), there have been several sprite malfunctions. Most commonly in caves or on water: If you are to even to step near these certain areas and save the game or even open the menu, your sprite will be stuck and unable to move. The area right above where the truck is is one of those spots. Even in the Japanese Green version, once you pushed it aside and walked up, if you were to save the game or open the menu, when you continued your sprite would be unable to move.
    ~I know this because I downloaded the 40% translated ROM, It's messed up because Pokemon names are spelled with smiley faces, hearts, other designs, and glitch symbols.~
    |||Does GreenVersion's Mew remind any of ya'll of a lizard?|||
    Tch. Nope. I tried in Green myself... all that's interestin' 'bout that place is that it has its own unique tileset... o.0

*Twilight*

!~G'nIte... *yawn*~!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    i always thought the truck was a lie... i would like to see it though but sadly i am past that point on all my games :(

Sapphire Skitty

Litterally!
    Years
    You can see it, just go to the tile diagonaly from the guard, step over, immediatly press start, and save the game. Turn it off then back on. DON'T MOVE! Go to your pokemon and use surf. You will surf right through the guard!

Sapphire Skitty

Litterally!
    Years
    I went to the truck and back to the keys, then to the truck again. But nothing happened. Maybe you need a special pokemon...........Meowth, perhaps? It has the ability Pickup in FR/LG. And in the dex it says that Meowth likes shiny things.

Back