• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What is the truck for in R/B/Y???

Sapphire Skitty

Litterally!
    Years
    Wheeee! I already told ya 'bout tha truck an' its uselessness, I'll let ya have fun fantasysin' now. ^^;; *flies off*

See, people, this is probably the same person that said "The old man in viridian is useless."

It must have some purpose, I don't see that truck all over the game y'know.

Maybe there are keys to it somewhere else............

Years
    Sapphire Skitty said:
    See, people, this is probably the same person that said "The old man in viridian is useless."

It must have some purpose, I don't see that truck all over the game y'know.

Maybe there are keys to it somewhere else............
    Tch. I never said that. Lol, I actually discovered tha Mew glitch all by myself, but meh, some ppl just think they can guess what's in other ppl's heads, oh an' btw I'm a great bug-seeker/glitch-exploiter myself, but I like ta make tha difference between what actually works an' what doesn't.
    No, really, y'ain't gonna find anything there unless someone edits tha game an' puts Mew there or uses ALOT of gameshark codes ta edit the in-game memory so much as ta write an entire script, which would consist of well over 10,1000 gameshark codes which tha device doesn't even support that many anyways. Lol, I've got some pkmn game editors an' I can tell ya I was curious myself so I looked at tha truck in both the old an' tha new pkmn versions, but there ain't no script involvin' Mew in there or any script at all for that matter, lol, the only scripts in there are for entry, exit, the S.S. Anne, an' a Lava Cookie in tha south on FR/LG. -_-

Sapphire Skitty

Litterally!
    Years
    Meh, guess you're right.

I don't have a gamshark.....so my game is basicly boring. (Except for the fact that my HoF looks like Gary trashed it. And I have a Mew)

I'm just wondering what purpose that truck has.

I just hope that I can find another cool glitch myself, but it might take a while.

Well, I'm leaving this thread, let me know if y'all find anything useful.

***~Sapphire_Skitty~***

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Like I said in my last message, I have a skrewed up version of Green version with smileys-n-glitchy symbols. The hacker who traslated it must have been really good with game programing because the truck tile guy gave me a Mew (Myuu). Well, I'm not sure: I just know he DID surf over to where I was and said something like {smileyface:heart:?:glitchy:m:JapaneseSymbol:?:heart:>:glitchy}; when I went to my PC, mew was in there. I just figure that's how it happened. I never used any game enhacers so how else could've it happened?

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    I agree with Da Fool!

I believe in giltches but I also believe that they're really made! Not just simple pieces of information or tileset. I believe the programmers of the games really developted the giltches but maintain them with a certain level of giltchness!

I hope I made myself clear...

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2005
    I like hearing about the truck. I think it's a little easter egg and doesn't do anything (I think that the keys are part of the same easter egg). Maybe they planned on doing something with the truck and the keys but decided to not use them and just left them in for fun. I don't think you can use them in anyway, because I think many people have hacked into the game and saw the programming, and if there was a use for them, I think the hackers would have found it already. It would be cool to find out after all these years, that is doeas actually serve a purpose other than decoration.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2005
    Yes, it's by the S.S. Anne. To see it, you need to have a friend trade you a Pokemon with Cut so you don't have to go on the S.S. Anne. Then once you learn Surf, come back and go to the boat (but don't go on board), surf to the right and there should be a truck.

Years
    It is in fact a programing Easter Egg. The creators of Pokemon R/B/Y left it in there because they had no real use for it in the game. Easter eggs are not actually Easter Eggs Xp... usually... There are little tidbits left in movies and games as a memento, bug, reference, etc... Easter eggs usually serve no purpose what-so-ever except for 'Hey! Look! I found an Easter Egg." Do note that Pokemon is not the only game that has done this. Many games have 'Lost bytes' that were never used in the actual game, but kept in the origional programming of the game. For example Super Mario World. There were hundreds of Total levels (levels being not just a stage, but when you appear in a new area for entering a door or a pipe, etc. ) however, only a few hundred made it in. This never left the cutting room floor, but if you use a Hex-Editor and Tiler on a ROM, you can see plain-as-day that the images for these do exsist.
    Need proof? Sorry can't help you myself for the 'legal reasons' but if you look for a program called 'Lunar Magic' and have an english version Super Mario World ROM, you can use Lunar Magic to edit the levels and the overworld map. This INCLUDES the levels that never made it into the game. (Mostly just levels that say 'TEST' made out of Normal Blocks, and jumping off the end of the stage would cause you to return to the overworld map.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2005
    eeggs.com has tons of cool easter eegs. I like reading about them, and I think it would be cool to find more in other Pokemon games.

Back