• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is wrong with this show!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
    Years
    I can't believe they still run it and it doesn't even refer to how pokemon is played in the game. Iv'e only heard them talking about levels one time on the episode with the school in the fog. Even the types dont apply.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    BECAUSE...if the anime was EXACTLY like the game...it would be boring...PERIOD...

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
    Years
    Of course it would be boring but they could of just done a couple of tweaks instead of turning it upside down.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Haha we'd get to see Silph Co. and Mewtwo in the Unknown Dungeon among many other things. And you'd be the Champion of the Pokemon League in 4 regions haha. And you'd have like every legendary Pokemon (I don't catch the legendaries in the games) there is.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    BECAUSE...if the anime was EXACTLY like the game...it would be boring...PERIOD...

You are completely right. Well put.

Nobody (Unless you're weird... no offense...) would prefer the anime being based on the games or vice-versa. Plot twists on both make all the difference.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You are completely right. Well put.

Nobody (Unless you're weird... no offense...) would prefer the anime being based on the games or vice-versa. Plot twists on both make all the difference.

thnk you...as u make a good point as well!

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    A couple of more deeper character driven plots maybe.
    A bit faster releasing the episodes, perhaps.
    The main characters could do with a change of attire once in a while.

Apart from that, not much.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Pokemon does have SOME character development. I just wish the characters would age visibly. I guess they keep them looking the same age so that younger kids who watch the show can identify them. I just sucks watching "the gang" travel through 4 regions and everyone still looks the same.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    The reason game mechanics aren't discussed at length in the show is the anime tries to do training in a more "realistic" sense, and to keep it from being too convulted, only refer to game mechanics in the vaguest ways possible. It also lets them differentiate because of this. In the games, Pokemon will not evolve during a battle, but they do in the anime.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    - Levels don't work in the anime. Why would an animal suddenly go up in stats by getting 10,000 more exp or whatever? It would continually grow stronger slowly.
    - Types usually do apply. I can't remember in DP anywhere where they have made something something effective where it wouldn't be usually. In the gym against Wake, Ash said he shouldn't use Pikachu against Quagsire because electricity doesn't work on it and used Turtwig instead. I think there's an example that they do consider types

the show is bad. full stop. everythings wrong with it.

Makes you wonder why you bothered coming into the anime section at all then.

Years
    Another day, another "bawww I know better than the writers of an anime that's run for nearly twelve years" thread. Can this forum really come up with nothing better than this?

(Quick_Kid's 'favourite Sinnoh episode' thread notwithstanding.)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I think the show tries to put a more realistic feel to the game which is basically what randomspot said. The pokemon act a bit more like animals instead of just completely obenient creatures and since Johto they have started to develope more indepth character.

Clearly the anime would be a bit nicer if it involved a bit more from the games like Silph Co. but we can't win all the time. Teeheehee

Still most of the battle things as in types and other basics are applied.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah and levels in the show were different than in the game.

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
    Years
    Of course it would be a bit boring but I'm just saying they should keep it how it should be a little more because I don't think a pre evolved pokemon could take down a fully evolved one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back