• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Is Your Favorite Dppt Starter Pokemon?

What is Your Favorite Starter Pokemon In Dppt?

• Piplup

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 29 39.2%

• Total voters

Ayselipera

Turtwig. I even chose him first when I first got Diamond :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2009
    Chimchar is strong !

Especially when evolving it ..

It can learn Close Comat - Flame Wheel

Also you can learn him Aerial Ace and Grass knot ..

And that's cool !

Flamonkey !

Obsession

Narcotic Empress
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Empoleon is the Emperor/Empress of all the started pokemon.

Kidding... I pick Piplup. I love water pokemon, and people don't understand the sheer awesomeness of steel types. Its immune to poison people!

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Piplup is absolutely adorable, and Empoleon is absolutely badass. I like Chimchar primarily because Infernape is the best starter...but really, fire monkey? Please, get more original, and go apologize to Blaziken.

AussieLper

Soft resetting for a good title
    Years
  • Chimchar man, it's a freaking MONKEY! How can you go with a Penguin when there is a MONKEY!

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • Heh. I dont really have a favorite, but for some reason I always pick Turtwig. TBH, i really dont like any of them. They arent very interesting, like the others but i suppose they'll do.

red fraction

solitude is your only friend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    i like turtwig as i've always been a fan of grass types.
    i hate most water starters though i do like penguins but piplup doesnt cut it for me.
    i just hate chimchar...

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Piplup all the way!

Empoleon, is immune to poison, and has many resists. :) This will save you many problems late on in the story. Meh... Infernape, may be strong, but really lets down as a fire type, imo. It has pitiful defences and will get pummeled by Hydrocannon.

I suppose Torterra, is pretty good, as it can also deal with Infernape. Just use EQ and Infernape is history because of Torterra's moderate base attack stat of 100. :) But still. Piplup and all Water Pokemon will prevail... :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    I choose Chimchar, because it evovles into Blaziken and he's totally cool!

Pokeplup

The Techno Turtwig
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    By The Way, Dragonarche, I Fed Draco your Pokemon A Rare Candy.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • Chimchar. DUH.

When I got Diamond I did my regular Pokemon tradition when a new game came out, which is always choosing a Fire starter for a challenging yet fun begging. xD

After Chimchar its Turtwig, definitely (I chose him for my Platinum). But I have to say, I find Piplup freaking ADORABLE. But I wouldn't pick it as a starter. Most people choose a water type at the start, which is fine, so they won't have to have a hard time trying to get one later in game.

Back