• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your operating system?

What is your operating system?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    Well, with a live CD you don't install anything or change anything on your computer, it boots right from the CD and installs nothing.

That's never been something that appeals to me, unfortunately. I'd rather test the whole thing out completely. And if I don't like it, just install Windows. Thank you, though..even though I knew that, haha. :x But yeah, I appreciate you saying that, because I didn't know for certain.

as2

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    That's never been something that appeals to me, unfortunately. I'd rather test the whole thing out completely. And if I don't like it, just install Windows. Thank you, though..even though I knew that, haha. :x But yeah, I appreciate you saying that, because I didn't know for certain.

Using a LiveCD is 100% a good idea; you are testing it out 'completely', just not mucking with your hard drive. It's handy to know if you'll need to fiddle about getting your WiFi, sound, or graphics working before you take the plunge and install it properly.

Terrain

|distinction.2009-15|
    Years
    Windows XP, though sometimes I do consider getting a laptop with a Mac OS.

I sometimes use a laptop with a Windows Vista OS when I go in PC, though the one I'm currently using has Windows XP.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    Using a LiveCD is 100% a good idea; you are testing it out 'completely', just not mucking with your hard drive. It's handy to know if you'll need to fiddle about getting your WiFi, sound, or graphics working before you take the plunge and install it properly.

Yeaaah, I'm not one that likes testing things, either. I prefer just getting something and working out how to use it as I go along, stupid, I know.. but it's all a learning experience. I'm not gunna install it on my main computer, anyway. Just install it somewhere to mess about with, y'know?

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I use Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I don't like it very much, I'll switch to 7 as soon as it comes out.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm using windows. Always have. I have my own Sony Vaio laptop with Vista and while vista can be extremely annoying, it gets easier to manage the more you use it. XP had its easy navigation and not so confusing settings but once you get used to vista and learn a bit about it it feels a lot smoother than xp. I think you have to be slightly more savvey with computers when it comes to Vista though. Advanced settings are rather... advanced. But i like it i can't really complain, even though 60% of vista users do :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Windows XP on my netbook (blech after Vista and 7 D:) and Windows 7 on my laptop. I love me some Windows.

v_v I was gonna hackintosh my netbook but that's looking like a pipe dream since I don't think I'll ever be able to finish the download for the ISO to do it, haha.

I want to try Linux just to say I've used it but I can't be bothered yet and it's not at the top of my to-do list.

Cazzicles

This time, i'll be bulletproof
    Years
    Windows Vista; It's okay.
    Don't regret having it though.
    XP sucks, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Windows 7. It's awesome; the best operating system I've ever used. It's what Vista should have been; very lightweight and easy to use. I reccomend it to everyone.
    I love when people say "Windows 7 is very lightweight"; when it actually has slightly HIGHER system requirements than Vista~

Back