• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION!

Years
  • Support/Tank

I don't like playing without others, so I make others need me. I enjoy it, even if it's a bit stressful.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    See Hans knows what's up. Set up in a wide open area and put down some mg bursts to suppress the enemy.

You'd probably like how PAYDAY 2 handled lmgs.

I should really play Payday 2 actually, its just sat on my PSN downloads for ages haha.

It irked the hell out of me how on BF4 you could just run around with a SAW and shoulder it and fire it off like an AR. When I use a MG I want heavy rate of fire, good spread, suppresive effect and a decent damage output for mid/close range where I can start mowing down people. What I don't want is an assault rifle with a 200 round mag.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Alright it seems some of the bois are talking about playing the Heavy Gunner role i might as well give my mandatory input about it.

Okay admittedly, the game I had my payday hayday during the good ole days as an MG/LMG player was CoD4 (Classic CoD4 on PC btw). I was basically the kind of player who would find a vantage point, go to prone or crouch with my trusty RPD and just literally shred 12 players at once in a typical respawn game mode (TDM, Domi, HQ, heck even Hardpoint). Oh the beauty of just finding that sweet vantage point and abusing the extreme power of an LMG in said game.

LMGs in CoD in a nutshell:
    + Infinite Damage range! = No damage drop off unlike your typical AR and SMG. If the RPD does 40 damage per shot (56 with Stopping Power), it will always deal that sort of damage, whether it was 6 feet away or 69 kilometers away, you'd drop people in 2 shots easy.

+ HUEG Clip Size = 100 bullets in one belt? and of course the game having the "Shots to kill" and short Time to kill? Yes Man!

and why do people don't use LMGs despite them being really strong as heck?
    - EWWWW I'M SO SLOW! MEESA CAN'T RUSH B сука блять
    - EWWWW MY RELOAD IS LIKE 10 YEARS WHERES I RELOAD IN 1.6 SECONDS WITH MY SMG

because ya know, most people don't like playing with obviously strong weapons so they stick with what they know best (M16, MP5, AK, M4a1, M40quikscopeMLG) instead with the thinking man's gun like the RPD or the M60E4 and finding that vantage point to just mow down some fools in a map like Countdown or BOG

damnit, I had a screenie of me shredding people with my RPD on Countdown (penta kill feed and getting sh*t talked by the enemy team, calling me a "camper" kek) when i was prone on the infamous missile silo spots but it was hosted on imageshack.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Alright it seems some of the bois are talking about playing the Heavy Gunner role i might as well give my mandatory input about it.

Okay admittedly, the game I had my payday hayday during the good ole days as an MG/LMG player was CoD4 (Classic CoD4 on PC btw). I was basically the kind of player who would find a vantage point, go to prone or crouch with my trusty RPD and just literally shred 12 players at once in a typical respawn game mode (TDM, Domi, HQ, heck even Hardpoint). Oh the beauty of just finding that sweet vantage point and abusing the extreme power of an LMG in said game.

LMGs in CoD in a nutshell:
    + Infinite Damage range! = No damage drop off unlike your typical AR and SMG. If the RPD does 40 damage per shot (56 with Stopping Power), it will always deal that sort of damage, whether it was 6 feet away or 69 kilometers away, you'd drop people in 2 shots easy.

+ HUEG Clip Size = 100 bullets in one belt? and of course the game having the "Shots to kill" and short Time to kill? Yes Man!

and why do people don't use LMGs despite them being really strong as heck?
    - EWWWW I'M SO SLOW! MEESA CAN'T RUSH B сука блять
    - EWWWW MY RELOAD IS LIKE 10 YEARS WHERES I RELOAD IN 1.6 SECONDS WITH MY SMG

because ya know, most people don't like playing with obviously strong weapons so they stick with what they know best (M16, MP5, AK, M4a1, M40quikscopeMLG) instead with the thinking man's gun like the RPD or the M60E4 and finding that vantage point to just mow down some fools in a map like Countdown or BOG

damnit, I had a screenie of me shredding people with my RPD on Countdown (penta kill feed and getting sh*t talked by the enemy team, calling me a "camper" kek) when i was prone on the infamous missile silo spots but it was hosted on imageshack.

Camping in a run and gun game is greasy man.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I should really play Payday 2 actually, its just sat on my PSN downloads for ages haha.

It irked the hell out of me how on BF4 you could just run around with a SAW and shoulder it and fire it off like an AR. When I use a MG I want heavy rate of fire, good spread, suppresive effect and a decent damage output for mid/close range where I can start mowing down people. What I don't want is an assault rifle with a 200 round mag.

On PAYDAY, don't play it on console if can be helped. They mostly ignore everything but PC, re-releasing a version with all dlc every year or so.

And I agree with your want for lmgs, but not too much spread, a real lmg doesn't just spray everywhere.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Camping in a run and gun game is greasy man.

I do eet for the KDA's. (6.4 Total Profile Career KDAs on my main CoD4PC profile during my time with the playing mostly on respawn modes like TDM and Domi, feelsgoodman). Also in the spirit of the thread, I'm doing what I'm supposed to do as the "Heavy Gunner". Shred people in a vantage spot like the silo lids in Countdown or the Hills in Bog.

Its a nice break from my usual "Berserker AK74u" [[Fighter/Slayer]] loadout (74u, Bando, Stopping Power, Steady Aim) where i run and gun with a Kalashnikov like a real man should.

OP Post:
    Adding Banners for:
    - the Trickster (now all i need is a good PNG image of Sombra)
    - Summoner (if anyone can provide me a PNG image of the Diablo 2 Necromancer, much appreciated)
    - Guerrilla (special role) = Hit n Run kind of role. Spends most of his/her time harassing people with light weaponry.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I do eet for the KDA's. (6.4 Total Profile Career KDAs on my main CoD4PC profile during my time with the playing mostly on respawn modes like TDM and Domi, feelsgoodman). Also in the spirit of the thread, I'm doing what I'm supposed to do as the "Heavy Gunner". Shred people in a vantage spot like the silo lids in Countdown or the Hills in Bog.

Its a nice break from my usual "Berserker AK74u" [[Fighter/Slayer]] loadout (74u, Bando, Stopping Power, Steady Aim) where i run and gun with a Kalashnikov like a real man should.

OP Post:
    Adding Banners for:
    - the Trickster (now all i need is a good PNG image of Sombra)
    - Summoner (if anyone can provide me a PNG image of the Diablo 2 Necromancer, much appreciated)
    - Guerrilla (special role) = Hit n Run kind of role. Spends most of his/her time harassing people with light weaponry.

My K/D on MW2 was 3.12 without camping at all. K/D is worthless if you just rinsed predictable spawns and forced chokepoints with a 2 hit kill gun that barely recoils. Unlike Battlefield or Arma, CoD isn't a tactical shooter. The LMGs dont act as MGs at all. In Battlefield you have bullet drop, velocity drop, recoil, muzzle flash and suppression mechanics to worry about. The maps aren't route a-b-c corridors either.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Well I'm kinda back from that vacation so I'm safely at home. I believe I've been summoned up once again or something. I dunno. I got a DM telling me to be more active here.

Honestly, i think both of you should cross a bridge safely praying to whatever god that you believe in (or whatever you don't believe in), hoping that you don't fall off said bridge for talking about your sh*t tier combat records. Also, CoD4 Spawns > MWR Spawns. I played classic CoD4 and a good amount of time in Modern Warfare RemasTURD to tell you all that MWR's spawns are so chaotic and unpredictable that spawn trapping people isn't even a possibility anymore. Just pray to RNG that you spawn behind your enemy, which WILL HAPPEN, and ruin that bastard's attempts at a faux nuke.

Anyway. on topic:
    Main roles in PVP oriented games:
    Assasssin
    Mage
    Fighter
    Marksman -> Limited to only Vayne since i actually enjoy playing her, and she's so in-meta you'll have no problems climbing up the rankings.

Basically all damage based roles. In League, I kinda mained Zed for a couple of years during his release nearly an eternity ago then i switched to Darius, then Yasuo, and right now I'm trying to master Camille. I usually play Assassins or Fighters with pretty strong snowball potential since winning lane through fortunate laning phases was something that I am quite fond off.

As for Mage play. I liked Vladimir because he was the perfect combination of a Mage and a Fighter, being tanky and sh*t while obviously dealing damage and being a complete nuisance against the enemy because seriously, Vladimir is that one character that is both a heavy damage mage and a freakishly unkillable sumbieech,

For FPS games, in Battlefield, I'd play any of the sniping classes since I'm a fairly good shot in a good day. So from reading the threads.. Marksman eh? Well okay.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • blah blah blah

PPC, don't toxify this thread with your stories of garbage Vladimir play.

I was expecting you to tell about your epic Pre-Nerf Model Akimbo 1887 + Commando Pro Cancer loadout but instead, we get the usual PPC. Mods pls?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I am almost always either support or assassin, but I am capable of playing nearly anything in any game. Just give me a minute or two to learn to the basics, and I'll be on my way. I highly prefer to be able to kill things very quickly than I do anything else, thought never dying or allowing my teammates to never die is fun.

Back