• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What language of D/P did you get?

Which Language?

• English

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Japanese

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other(Please Specify)

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I had the English language American version of Pearl. I got rid of it though, but I will be buying the American version of Diamond later on this week.

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    Got both Pearl, and Diamond. Respectively, Japanese and English.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I got an english pearl, I dont want the struggle of a foreign language and it would making talking to the Npc less fun <.<

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 116
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    I got American versions of Diamond & Pearl...

(Off-topic question: Will I still be able to go to Europeon events with it?)

Years
    I got the Japanese version on release date, but I haven't played that one since the release of the American version of Diamond came out. So I have the game in both Japanese and English.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I first got the Japanese Diamond, i played around for a little bit, but i didnt want to deal with what people were trying to say,i got rid of it, and got the english version later.

ufo

&lt;- I used to do spriting
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    shoulda made them check boxes cus I have american pearl and japanese diamond

Exeter

Lushless
    Years
    English version of Pearl, naturally. It'd pointless for me to get Japanese not speaking, or understanding it, at all.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    English version of Pearl, naturally. It'd pointless for me to get Japanese not speaking, or understanding it, at all.

Thank you, that's exactly how I feel. I love how people get the Japanese versions of Pokemon and they can't even read them. You must totally lose the story and get lost at least ten times before you are done.

Back