• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What languages can you write/read fluently?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I speak English fluently, and I can speak German pretty fulently, but I still miss some parts.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    I can speak English fluently; it's my first language.

I'm currently learning Spanish at school and doing pretty well in it. I can't really speak fluently that well, but I usually understand people when they're speaking and I can usually translate Spanish words, paragraphs, stories, etc. to English.

I'm somewhat learning Japanese. I have someone teaching me, but not all that much. I can identify some kanji and such, but I'm far from being fluent.

I'm also learning a little bit of Korean from a couple of freshmen in my history class. I know a few words, but I can't say much anything. o__o;

I'm planning on learning Cebuano and Tagalog since I'm moving to the Philippines next year. It shouldn't be too hard since it's somewhat like Spanish.

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Well, I only speak English fluently, but I can understand bits of Japanese (aka copy and paste level xP). I also understand a little bit of Tagalog, have Spanish stored somewhere in the back of my head, and I'm learning Italian in school ;3 (Italian = my luuuv)

And I suppose I can pick out pieces of French, but only those ordinary things >_<

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    Although I'm Korean and Korean was my first language, I speak, read and write in English quite fluently. I can speak in Korean (Though I cannot read or write and I can't understand it a lot, only stuff like "Are you hungry?" and stuff. Not movies or songs.). I can speak a couple of words in Spanish and Japanese from watching the subbed versions of Naruto so much.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    English only. At school I have learnt Japanese, German, Indonesian and French.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    No other language Just I speak in English only.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    I'm from The Netherlands, so obviously I speak Dutch fluently. But I also speak/write/understand English and German very well. Another language I can speak (just a little though) is French ^^

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    In terms of language I'm more fluent in English; although I prefer Chinese more, sadly I'm struggling at the moment with learning how to write the characters.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Read, write, and speak - English

Write, read, and speak - Italian

Read and write - Spanish

That's basicaly it. Although, I'm interested in learning Japanese, I'm taking a course on learning it right now. I'm fluent in English + Italian, and getting there on Spanish.

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
    I am currently learning japanese. I can read and write some (using the katakana characters or just romanji) and I can say simple phrases like Where's my/the coffee/car/house/hotel/etc. xP And I know a bunch of random japanese nouns lol

I want to learn as much as possible, because I'm planning on spending a semester in ?Japan next year as an exchange student! ^^

However, the only language I speak/read/write FLUENTLY is still only english X_x

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    The only language I'm completely fluent in is English. I had 4 years of Spanish and middle/high school though, and I'm now taking a course in it here at college. So yeah...I know a good bit of Spanish but I don't get oppurtunities to use it very often, so I'm not close to fluent. =\

Maera12

:D
    Years
    I can speak and write in English fluently. I can speak Bengali fluently and I can write some words in it. In school, they teacher us french and I do seem to be doing pretty well in it. ^^

Back