• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What made you a fan of Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 12, 2006
    What got me hooked on the show was the softness of the show and that it was funny. Also it taught lessons.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I got hoked on the addictiveness of Red/Blue versions. I had never played a game like it and never have since then. It was such an innovative yet simplistic game, it literally split the field of gamers into two factions: those that liked pok?mon, and those that hated it.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    blue version's complete and total awesomeness.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    a friend got it and i then i got it it seemed pretty cool

Kine

Whatev
    Years
    The anime, simply put. It was just weird and silly, well, the first episode I saw was, and so I thought anything this wacky must be good.

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    the feel good factor of it, its all very happy

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Well the first episode I saw was the Farfetched one. I thought the show was cute and the characters were funny. I did not have a thing for Ash at first either, he just sort of grew on me. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Wow! A time when Toto wasn't madly in love with Ash! XD But... yeah... what got me hooked were the games. The anime... I watched and instantly thought it was patronising (Hey - I was a critic about everything when I was 9 ^_^), but the games blew me away. It was a change from stuff like Mario or Bomberman, which were the only other Game Boy cartrdiges I had...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2004
    i just love everything about it. the card game is mad (even though im not familiar with all the rules) and the TV show is great, but i have to leave for school before it starts :@ they have gone off the track slightly with the episodes, but all in all a great TV that is enjoable to watch!

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Yellow. My cousins convinved me to try it, and... well, let's just say I was having a very hard time turning it off when we were leaving and asked for a Game Boy Color and Pok?mon Yellow for Christmas.

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    My friends,and his Charmeleon car,we thought it was the best card ever cause he did 50 damage.

Caz

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I just heard about it one day and decided to see what it was about. I've loved it ever since! :) (I heard about it before red and blue came out, There was a piccy of Pikachu & Clefairy in a mag and I thought they were cute)!

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
    Pokemon is just so cool. I like the morals is teaches, and the characters grow on you after a little while.
    oh, and for Ash, too!!

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
    I like Pokemon because they represent evolution that was beyond the real wild life
    I prefer them in 3d though
    I made a poll about this issue too

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I can't really honestly rember, I think it was the first time I saw that sweet little tiny Pokemon, Squirtle, how could I not go mad about the whole Pokemon thing then, I also loved the show, and the games & the cards I have 100's! woo yay!

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I'm a complete and utter animal lover ^^ And the thought of training and working with such cute animals made me love the show ^^

Back