• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes you feel old?

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    What made me feel old recently was that apparently Firefox has been around for 10 years now and I've been using it for the vast majority of those 10 years (since 2005 I believe). Yet I can still vividly remember Internet explorer and how rubbish it was. In 3 months time youtube will be 10 years old too, and I can still remember some of the first clips I watched in youtube too.

Years
    I'm 27 going on 28 and my husband turns 30 next year. Still I don't really care that I'm getting older: there's a lot to look forward to.

My husband and I have a little competition going on about who gets mistaken for the youngest. He's beating me with someone thinking he looked 18, the lowest I got was 22.

A recent reminder of the years gone past are the fact that I graduated high school 10 years ago. I also remember the Internet when it was a useless pit of geocities fan sites and had absolutely nothing useful on it. I remember when usb keys were first realeased and a 128mb one was close to $80. My Internet download limit in high school was 2GB a month and dialup was still prevalent.

It's amazing how quickly things have changed and it's exciting to see what there will be in another 10 years.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    When people are like "Oh, my first Pokemon game was Pearl/Platinum" and I'm still sitting here hugging my original Red version.

Also, when I realize that there are people born after the year 2000 that are old enough to carry out an intelligent conversation with me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    when i go visit a doctor who look about no more 5 years older than me

Years
    The fact that I can get my driver's license next year and I'm gonna have to apply to a job soon...lol.

It sucks growing up...I wish I was still a kid so I don't have to pay bills or rent, or anything really. (I pay my phone bill and pretty soon I'll be paying my parents rent). </3

Back