• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes you feel old?

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    You really are old lol. You're starting to sound like our grandparents when they're like "back then we were young, we only had a radio and now you all have you tv's and game boys!" xD

...Now I'm a grandma?

GET OFF MY LAWN. D:

Years
    When I can't run up a 4 floors without panting. Well atleast I'm still running. The day I'll be unable to do that I'd actually be old.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    When things like Friends, The Lion King, The Nightmare Before Christmas , and anything else from 1993/1994 are over 20 years old. When I realize things from 2004 are now 10 years old. Especially the latter cause it seems like I only saw The Incredible 5 years ago, but nope, it came out 10 years ago as of the 5th. When toys from the 90s that I played with as a kid are now considered retro. I saw a Kids React video a few months ago where the kids were reacting to "the retro toy Skip-It" and it made me feel like I was 50. Another thing that comes to mind is when you show a kid of this generation older technology like a tape-recorder or a Game Boy and they have no idea what the hell it is. This picture is an example of that

Spoiler:

I'm sure there's a ton of kids today who have no idea what an overhead projector is if you showed them one. Or at least not one that looks like that. And to think 12-14 years when I was in 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade, (There's another I was 10 year old 12 years ago. I was in 2nd grade 13/14 years ago.) there was one of them in my classroom and it was used often. Wow.

Edit: I have another. The fact that I graduated 8th grade 7 years ago, it honestly feels like it's only been 4 or 5 years ago. And that my senior year started 4 years ago and that I graduated 3 years ago....

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    I'm sure there's a ton of kids today who have no idea what an overhead projector is if you showed them one. Or at least not one that looks like that. And to think 10-12 years when I was in 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade, there was one of them in my classroom and it was used often. Wow.

I missed the use of overhead projectors when I got into my later years of schooling. Those things were brilliant.

IT'S ON THE PAPER BUT IT'S ON THE WHITEBOARD?!?! HOW?!?!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I missed the use of overhead projectors when I got into my later years of schooling. Those things were brilliant.

IT'S ON THE PAPER BUT IT'S ON THE WHITEBOARD?!?! HOW?!?!

Yes that was the coolest thing about it and why they amazed me so much when little. I was all HOW DOES THE PAPER LOOK SO BIG WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY SO SMALL WOW??

Sad not many kids get to experience that feeling of awe now. The only projector is most classrooms now are mounted on the ceiling and are used for Smart Boards. There's another thing. Realizing that 10-15 years ago the Smart Board was a new thing and that when I was in 5th, 6th and 7th grade, my school only just got their first ones and were just installing them in classroom. Now there's thousands of them in grade schools everywhere.

(Those things shocked me too cause it was like THE TEACHER IS WRITING ON THE BOARD WITH A PEN WITH NO INK. HOW???)

Last edited:

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Footballers being younger than me is getting a little scary. 8D If I play Fifa I'm after all the talented youths and 22 nearing 23 is NOT talented youth age.

Also people younger and clearly more talented than me at things tends to make me think about what I've been doing with my life- or not been doing.

I imagine such feelings only intensify with age, huh?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I feel old when I tried to remember how things were when I was 15-16 years old and I realise how much things have changed.

And my brother is gonna have a baby. Man, things have change...

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Nothing, because I'm twenty-freaking-six. I am nowhere near old, and neither probably are most of you. I seriously don't get the whole making a big deal out of "Thing from the 90s/00s is X years old now HOLY **** I'M SO OLD BOO HOO!" Dear my generation, we're not old yet. And our childhoods are not "ruined"

But I digress. While they don't make me feel old, there are things that do remind me of the passage of time. I recently noticed most of my favorite YouTubers are younger than I am (if only by a bit), and of course returning to PC after a hiatus always reminds me that years go by and things change. The mere existence of Tumblr and tweens also serves to show me that yes, I am indeed an adult. hellz yeah.

Physically, my metabolism has slowed a bit and my skin is drier than it already was. Psychologically I feel more emotionally stable and generally mellow and just more experienced with life in general, and more decisive and responsible, though my memory seems to be full of holes because years are now going by too fast to remember everything. A year feels like an eternity when you're a little kid but as an adult it feels like a couple of months. 5 years ago feels like yesterday sometimes. But I say bring on the future!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Realizing people born in the year 2000 are teenagers.
    Realizing just how long Pokemon has been out.
    Realizing over half of my video game collection is 20+ years old and still registers as playable in my mind.
    Thinking about things that were popular 5 or 6 years ago and then realizing it was actually popular 10-11 years ago.
    My body aches make me feel old.

A lot of **** makes me feel old.

Neo Emolga

Legendary Sky Squirrel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2016
    Watching any movie from the 80s. I was a kid during those times and it all seems so familiar, but kids today just don't know what the culture was like back then.

Also, the fact that all kids out there weren't around to witness the events of 9/11 when that was a day that felt like the entire world turned upside down.

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
    Realizing that most of the TV shows I watched as a kid are now over 15 years old like Mighty Max, Swat Kats, Pepper Ann, and Recess.

Realizing that the classmates I went to high school with are now married and have kids of their own.

Recognizing more than 75 percent of the 80's-90's references present in Regular Show.

Realizing that children born in the 2000's are now teenagers in high school.

Realizing that the SNES, Sega Genesis, and GBA are over 20 years old now.

Overhead projector, VCR, typewriter, Classic Apple Macintosh, rotary phones, Laser Disc - Name me one child or high school teen from the current generation that has even heard of or used one of these to watch movies, play games, communicate with each other, or solve word and math problems.

Bulky TVs were prevalent back in the 80's and 90's.

Back