• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Might You Do Differently?

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    im going to go for favorite pokemoin instead of just going for the strong ones.

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    For me,
    I'm actually going to EV train my pokes.
    :]
    Instead of blindly going wherever the hell I feel like.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • IMO EV training in-game pokemon is time wasting.

This time I have access to trade with one of my friends so I will be getting a better team.

I'll undertrain if it's the same levels as G/S/C for a challenge, and if the levels are higher just go the way I normally do.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Firstly I will be purchasing soul silver since Pokemon silver was my second gameboy game after Pokemon Red of course. And secondly I will not use the masterball on Lugia and use it on one of the legendary dogs since they are harder to catch.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I'm just going to play it like I did many times before. And try to get even more Master Balls so I can get more of the legendary dogs.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Play it as if I've never played the older ones, since I can hardly remember anything from Silver, Crystal and Gold :3

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Like so many have said, I'm definitely not planning on using my Master Ball for Lugia nor Ho-Oh. This was the biggest mistake I ever made, because it wasn't long when I actually ran into one of the legendary beasts, Entei. So, I'm going to not waste my Master Ball, but keep it for when truly needed.

A few other things I'm going to do differently than before is really train a team, and entire team of six and not only my starter like I did before. Also, I'm going to actually gain an entire team too. As for more onto this, I'm planning on having more of a variety of moves as well as not only sticking to the same type moves for my individual Pokémon. I found this a large mistake later on when I needed coverage against other Pokémon.

Other than this, I'm trying to focus myself into only playing one save file and not messing up in which I'll need to start over. I'm also going to be saving before I confront any major events such as catching Sudowoodo, Lugia, or even Ho-Oh. This is so I can assure I don't have to journey all over their area again to try and capture them if I accidentedly faint them the first few tries. Besides this, I will also change my team up, I want something different than what others may include as well as going more with my favorites over stronger Pokémon too.

Years
  • ~EV train my Pokemon. (I didn't do that in Platinum.)
    ~Use an HM Slave. (Never used one before.)
    ~Teach my Pokemon moves other than having one Pokemon know Flamethrower, Ember, Fire Blast, and Rock Smash.
    ~Don't use Master ball on Ho-oh or Lugia. Use it on one of the beasts.
    ~Use Machop to defeat Whitney? (Maybe.)
    ~Get a Scizor or Heracross.
    ~Give my rival a good name and not name him after a guy I like or give an insulting name.
    ~Use either Spearow, Zubat, or Natu as my flying type.
    ~Use types I don't normally use. Bug moves are super effective against Psychic.
    ~Maybe use a Slowpoke for once or Tentacool...
    ~Don't rush. (I always do that. :P)

Ayselipera

I would change my team altogether. When I first played I didn't know what to do and I usually ended up catching terrible pokemon or having a team of mostly the same pokemon. This time I will plan what I'm going to catch and make sure I have a balanced team.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • I can tell you what I'll do that'll be the SAME, I won't use pro moves like Surf and Flamethrower, I'll put the moves I used when I was 7. FIRE BLAST AND HYDRO PUMP YEEEUHH

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm going to make sure that I evolve my Haunter as soon as it evolves from a Gastly, and I'm not going to have any legendary Pokemon on my team. Other than that I'm going to have the same stuff that I had in GSC

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    well this time around i'll send in a riolu egg as early as i can, now i need a Lucario at the end of my team, just gotta have one lol

you wont be able to have any Sinnoh Pokemon at the start of the game >>

I'm gonna catch all the legendary Pokemon, but not use any for my team

I'm gonna be more versatile instead of using just my starter.

Do some training. ALOT more training.

ditto, I'm gonna try and keep my Pokemon's lvls close to each other as I can

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Limit my team. The original games were way too easy. If it's like that, then I'll probably keep my team underlevelled by quite a bit. (Except when I fight Whitney, she is actually the only trainer that ever gave me trouble. But I'll just train a new team for that.)

Use my Master Ball on one of the three beasts instead of Ho-oh.

Name my characters differently... Even though I like ???.

Monotype challenge, 2nd time through.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • In the originals I wasn't as focused on balanced teams, etc. I just had an overpowered starter and I exploited the cloning glitch and made teams of level 100 legends and starters.

By now, of course, the game is a lot different for me.

Balanced team (until after E4 when I EV train and build a team)
    Catch all possible pokemon in the game (a habit I started in FRLG)
    Explore every nook and cranny instead of just going for game completion

Back