• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What motivates you?

Sсott

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Is there something, someone that motivates you? Is there a person in your life -- be it someone close to you, someone you idolize, or a celebrity -- that drives you to take action, to do something in your life? Does someone's achievements motivate you?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Usually movies motivate me. Well, I don't know if "motivate" or "inspire" is a more appropriate word, but either way they make me want to take action. There's something about seeing a story that's more grand than my piddly-ass problems that makes me want to confront people and fix them.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    Music (Not lyrics, but the music itself) motivates me... The way it was put together, the technical detail, the way that combinations of sounds can alter ones emotions is an art. It is one that inspires me like most other forms of art, it's just that this form inspires me more than anything else in this category.

Seeing improvement somewhere else is also a motivator for me... When I see something improve, there is just something about it that makes me want to improve as well.

I am very motivated by responses to my actions...

I am motivated by positive response. I freaking love it! When I work on something or say something, and people say positive things to me about it, it's a huge ego boost for me, as well as inspiration to continue.

I am motivated by constructive negative response... When people take the time to tell me how I can improve something, I take it to heart and try to follow through with it. It means that people are trying to help me to get better, and there is no need to disappoint them.

The biggest motivation killer is not having any response to what I do at all. It means that I will be just that less likely to do, whatever it was, again.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    One thing that always motivates me is that when people get on my nerves. If they keep on talking when I want to talk, It makes me want to yell at them in their ear, BE QUIET! It happens every time when that happens.

Ayselipera

I only find motivation to do things I enjoy which the only motivation there would be the joy of doing it. Sometimes if I tell myself I'll reward myself later for doing whatever I suddenly gain motivation to do it.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    My family motivates me. The fact people rely on me, it motivates me like no other. If it wasn't for them, I'd be so lazy, I'd make a snorlax jealous lol

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    The two best motivators for me are (a) that I want to actually do what's in question, and (b) that other people are directly relying on me to help them accomplish it. I love teamwork and work very well with others.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't really know but a motivator for me is if I can help someone I care about or make them happy, or curiosity for things? Yeah curiosity is.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    What motivates me...LOLZ mushy but my best friend does. He makes me wanna be a better person. I guess it's cause he's everything I wish I could be. He makes good grades, enjoys life, there's just so many things about him that I wish I could emulate. I know this is a stupid reason to some people, because I shouldn't wanna change myself, but it's mainly things I'm not good at that he is good at that I'd like to change. It's not changing myself, it's just improving. I wanna make good grades, work out, enjoy things more than I do now, etc like he does. I'll still be a weird quirky person...just smarter, fitter, and happier! Maybe someday.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years
    I'm not sure. I usually motivate myself. Like an inner monologue or something. But my authority figures do motivate me sometimes, professors, parents, grandparents, coaches, etc.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    To motivate me, something either has to be directly in line with my interests (cars, anime, travel, etc.), or it has to involve the prospect of making a lot of money.

Yeah, I'll admit it. Money motivates me more than any person ever could, lol

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Myself. The thoughts of success in whatever I'm looking to do / need motivation for.

Years
    Just a general want of being useful. I like to help people and stuff. Money, too. If there's money involved I'll give it my all. It explains why I'm so lazy at home but work my butt off at work. Well, reward in general is a great motivator. "I'll do this thing if I get this done!" will get me to do it more often than not.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    In the grand scheme of things: death. In the short-term: really random stuff like things I see in shop windows or animals. Can't really describe it, but so many of the big decisions in my life have happened in coffee shops.

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
    What motivates me ... I guess my sister does. She's always there when I need her, when I'm alone, when I really want to backstab a friend of mine and when I'm somewhat jealous of this girl that always hangs out with my crush. She just knows me, you know?

Years
    Myself and music.
    If I need to do work, I listen to music and if I know I have to do something, I will do it without any questions asked.​

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2012
    The thought of being powerful motivates me. For me, life is all about happiness and having a peaceful sleep at the end of the day. I wish to get that kind of life....

Back