• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Music/Artists Do You Hate?

Pink Cashmere

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    Taylor Swift. Just ... Taylor Swift. She's a sweet person and a great role model, but I can't stand her music. Especially when it's played on every radio station every time I'm in the car. And all her songs just seem the same to me so ... yeah. Taylor Swift.

Black Eyed Peas seem borderline for me, too. I adore some of their songs, but a certain overplayed song (*coughIGottaFeeling*) sometimes I just want to plug my ears and drown it all out.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I generally don't like Rap, but I find it funny that the only rap music I like is that of Parappa the Rapper for the PSX o.o

I don't like country music either, but what if there was such a thing as country rap? I'm sure I'd like that just for the weirdness.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I can't stand anything rap.
    It is easily, easily the worst kind of 'music' there is.
    I would rather listen to someone scream and scratch their nails down a chalkboard before I would listen to rap.
    Weird Al is the only acception.

But rap makes me want to drop and flail and kick like a damn Magikarp. Every time I hear it... Ugh, it makes me want to punch someone in the face. Lol.

Metal is the best the best though. Easily. I don't really listen to anything other than Heavy Metal. I don't see how people hate that, lol. Gives you rush!

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Rap makes me want to rip my ears out. Shut. Up. Please. There are a few good ones, but for the most part... ugh. Ew.

I can't stand Miley Cyrus either. Every time Party in the USA comes on, I change it even when my sister whines about it.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
  • I hate rap artists like Souljaboy and most of the popular mainstream ones now-a-days. I also hate Disney stars, and Ke$ha. I seriously despise Ke$ha, she's such a hack and can't even sing.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I don't see how most of you hate rap music. Have any one of you actually listen to Tupac, Biggie, and Eminem? Their rap songs are more of a story than just a regular song. On top of that, I like Jay-Z, Kanye West, T.I, and Drake. :3

I also like Rock music. Period. It doesn't matter if they're modern or classical. Many other genres are okay in my ear as well.

I just hate screamo. Screamo is screaming, simple as that. :<

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I don't hate a specific genre, but there are a few artists that I keep a distance from. All these new Disney stars come to mind.

Years
  • And rock from before the 70's make me feel sick. And much rock whatsoever, actually. And country music AAAAAGHRT don't get me started.

Are you serious? You can't listen to All Day and All of the Night by The Kinks and say that! Nah.. it's your taste I guess, but I mean if you like 70's rock like later Zeppelin and stuff then you should give the sixties a try, Hendrix, Beatles, there was amazing stuff from then that wasn't too different to the seventies at all.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I've never been a big fan of country, in fact sometimes I can't stand it at all. However there are some kinds of country that I actually like, so it's kind of weird.

But there is one band that I hate with a fiery passion and that is Steve Miller Band. It doesn't help that I'm the only one that dislikes them.

I listen to a classic rock station, and I've realized that if I hear an annoying song it will be Steve Miller Band 4 out of 5 times. The guy just makes (or made? I hope that for the sake of humanity he isn't making music anymore) the worst and most annoying songs ever.

I'd honestly rather listen to Colbie Coillat or Fergy. And I can't stand either of them.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I know almost for sure I ain't gonna make new friends by saying this, but I really can't stand rock/metal.
    (peepz are gonna kill me for saying that XD)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Rap, urgh ><
    Grunge, not so nice..
    Emo, hate
    Extremely heavy metal which you can't hear the lyrics. Hate

Years
  • I dunno; I'm usually pretty open-minded about this kinda stuff.

I can't say I'm that partial to Country & Western, or modern "R&B".

Jazz also is kinda hard for me to listen to due to the unpredictability aspect of it. @_x

Can't say there aren't exceptions, though! I find myself liking some songs of these genres, usually for a high Nostalgia-factor. I used to HATE "Let It Burn" by Usher, but now I like hearing it because it reminds me of the good-ol' days. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    I can say too, that most poplar music, I hate. Actually, I just don't know it. I play music as a second profession, (albeit a low paying one) I've been raised on Street Punk and Ska, but really like a LOT of different music. I'll be listening to Rancid one second, then Beck, then Eminem or MAYBE Lil Wayne (He's a very original rapper, you have to give em' that, even if he is overplayed), then Rage Against the Machine, I don't know the list goes on and on.

Stuff I can't stand? Generic stuff. Something that sounds COMPLETELY like the style of music they WANT to sound like. Generic Emo/Hardcore especially because there is SO much of it out there Generic Metal. I just don't like music that I could have written better with three monkeys (Or chimchars? lol), and it's not saying anything in my favor.

And for those of you who don't like rap, ever heard of MC Chris? His lyricism is insane and he raps about DnD and Risk and Star Wars!

Back