• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What new combination of types would you like to see?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Yeah, fighting is super effective against normal but would be nulled out by being a Ghost type. Dark would still be effective though right?

The idea of a Normal/Ghost-type is to nullify the otherwise unwalled Ghost/Fighting combination that crawls its way onto many Ghost-type sets (most notably SubCM Mismagius).

Also, Water/Ghost nullifies the Normal/Water combination that few Pokemon (those few being Empoleon and Shedinja) resist. Grass/Ghost does this as well.

EDIT: Normal/Ghost is only weak to Dark, but that makes it a prime Pursuit trap target. Tyranitar would make the best counter to it ;o

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Water/Fighting

Poliwrath lives.

Fire/Electric, Fire/Water, Fire/Ice, Fire/Grass, Bug/Fire, Rock/Ice, Dark/Steel, Grass/Electric, Fighting/Ghost, and Ghost/Fire is all I can think of for now.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Many people have already mentiuoned this, but I decided to be more Thourough:
    I would like,
    Water/Psychic Starmie, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking
    Ghost/Electric Rotom
    Ghost/Dragon Giratina
    Dragon/Psychic Latias, Latios
    Dragon/Ground Vibrava, Flygon, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp
    Flying/Psychic Natu, Xatu, Lugia
    Flying/Ghost Drifloon, Drifblim

I think a Dark/Psychic would be interesting, as Psychic acts like a "Light" counterpart to Dark, as seen with Espeon/Umbreon and Cresselia/Darkrai.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    dark/fire ftw!!
    FILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    as for me dark/steel but fighting types would be a pain

Rock/Steel Pokemon already have that problem, but oh well. Personally, I think Mawile should be Dark/Steel.

Years
    I think a fire/water type would be cool. It could be a steam pokemon. It could be like rotom and be caught only in one or two places, like maybe a train, or some other place that uses steam power. It could have a move that is special to it, like steam power or some other cool name, and it could change due to sunny day or rain dance.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
    bug/dragon would be so cool.

i've also thought about eletric/physic dragon/normal and physic/Ghoast.

A fire/grass would be just outrageous.

And what about a pure Flying Type (even though normal and dark is about as acurate as it comes)

Years
    I've always wanted to see a Fire/Water type combination but I assume they might not make it cause those two don't go very well. Lol.

Back