• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What new ways to get around would you like to see?

Usohachii_Pot

Prepare....for the 4th Gen.
    Years
    I'd like to see a skateboard or rollerblades.
    With the skate board, you could grind rails and do 180s over people's heads.
    And when you're attacked by a wild pokemon, it shows you holding the board! Awesome! Gnarly, dude!

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Roller... Rollerblades?! There are Rollerblades in a hack, but in a original game... That would be cool. Also, a car would be cool. See that little flies that crash into a real car? It would be cool to encounter Dustoxes while driving... Hehe...

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Free-form flying on the back of a Pidgeot. Perhaps modifying the Pokemon tht can learn Fly, only ones that can fit a person on their back, then show the sprite of teh character and the Flying Pokemon as they fly over the map.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    that would be sweet!!!I think the actual sprite of the surfing pokemon or a submarine when you use dive.A surfing compatition would be sweet!!(real boards and real people)

razor

summer's sun
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    A skateboard would be awesome! It'd give Pokemon a more "modern feel".

What about a bus to take you to certain routes? I'd find it quite useful.

Great topic, Usohachii_Pot!

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I'd love an actual boat for the water or better yet JET SKIIS! W00T, I can imagine my character flying over the water, hitting Seakings "accidently"
    On land, I could see rollerblades or in icy places, ice skates. I swear, if there were ice skating competitions where you could enter your Pokemon, that'd own.
    (or maybe I've been drinking too much soda)

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    Murpheos said:
    Free-form flying on the back of a Pidgeot. Perhaps modifying the Pokemon tht can learn Fly, only ones that can fit a person on their back, then show the sprite of teh character and the Flying Pokemon as they fly over the map.
    that would suck (in my opinion). the bad thing would be that you have get random encounters while flying, just like while surfing. Flying is my one form of freedom from random encounters *goes and flies to every city to defy random battles*

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I disagree with the random encounters during flying, just like cmatz0 said.

I guess you should be able to choose from the traditional Fly, which is autopilot, and Fly where you can pilot the Pokemon yourself.

Homsar_225

A Song From the Sixties
    Years
    Oh! I got it! Maybe you could fly with a pokemon and "risk" encountering random battles, or you could fly in a plane to go anywhere you want (without random battles) if you get a ticket (like you had to with the S.S. Anne).

Usohachii_Pot

Prepare....for the 4th Gen.
    Years
    Homsar_225 said:
    Oh! I got it! Maybe you could fly with a pokemon and "risk" encountering random battles, or you could fly in a plane to go anywhere you want (without random battles) if you get a ticket (like you had to with the S.S. Anne).
    Yeah! And you get the ticket from a guy you saved from (insert new team name here)!

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    When I was 7 or 8 I had an idea for a pokemon game to have the routes actually have roads and cars would drive on them, but you wouldn't get one until you needed to go to the pokemon league because there would be no sidewalks on the route to it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2005
    i like the plane idea. except for while you're on the plane, you get to actually do stuff besides battle trainers. like in "Paper mario: thousand year door" where he's on the train and he solves mysteries while he's on it? well that would be pretty cool because usually you just sit on the train/plane until the rides over with and don't do anything but battle other trainers.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Hmm,I would like to see you actually swim in water by yourself.

Instead of floating on a silly wailmar

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Just a car really lol. Maybe a plane too. Nothing too over zealous or anything.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Why should pokemon be modernized? I think it's good just as it is think of a kid somewhere around the age 14 driving around in a car or an airplane that's just ridiculous the only ideas I liked here were happy dude's idea of swimming around I also liked the idea of controling the pokemon yourself when flying, the first time I heard that you can fly in pokemon games I really thought it would be like that (I was just around the age of 5 back then but I still feel kinda stupid :D) that is all.

Back