• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What OS do you use?

What Operating System do you use?

• Windows XP

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Mac OS X

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Linux

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
  • Which Operating System do you use?

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Mac OS X
    Linux
    Unix

Also, specify which version you use, if you may.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Currently, I am using Windows 7 because it is much better than Vista.

A macbook Pro will soon be in my possession, so Snow Leopard will then be the OS of choice.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • Ubuntu counts as Linux...

And make this poll multi-choice.
    We have Win XP and WIn 7 and Ubuntu and even Google Chromium on our computers.

Also, you bothered to write different versions of Windows, but not for Mac and Linux?
    Would have been better if the Poll said "Windows, Mac, Linux, Other"

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm currently using the Windows Seven operating system which I purchased sometime around December last year. I've had experience with all the operating systems you've listed above and my favourite is the Mac OSX, followed by Windows Seven.

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Mac OS X is nice, but I'm too used to Windows to switch.

@Mod: Could any MOD/Admin change the Poll from Ubuntu to Unix? And Add any other option felt necessary.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I use no less than three OSes regularly. On my MacBook, I have a copy of Leopard (for printer compatibility), Snow Leopard (barely use it, plan on upgrading Leopard over the summer), Win 7 (which is seeing some heavy game action now that I have Steam on it; can possibly be virtualized by mounting the partition as a VM), Win XP (for some software that I use daily; virtualized), Ubuntu Linux (really doesn't have a purpose, I keep it there just in case anything might arise that I need it for; virtualized), and Sun Microsystem's Solaris (don't use it anymore, pushed to backup drive because I couldn't get it to work properly; virtualized).

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I used XP practically most of my life until I bought my laptop back in February.
    Now I'm runnin' on Windows 7... thank God! :D

!!!

Years
  • I use Windows 7 because it has all of my favourite apps (Miranda IM, Foobar2000, Media Player Classic Home Cinema, Photoshop, etc.) and I can play all of my games on it.

Years
  • This computer's running Windows 7. On my old laptop, I have Windows Vista, but I only use that for games nowadays as this computer has no CD drive. (I can understand the lack of a floppy drive, though I often find myself wishing my computer had one, but why the lack of a CD drive? Don't people still use those?)

I'm actually considering trying Linux, but it looks painfully different to install. Maybe I should wait until next year. XD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Why, Windows 7 of course! Both 32 bit and 64 bit on different computers.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    This computer's running Windows 7. On my old laptop, I have Windows Vista, but I only use that for games nowadays as this computer has no CD drive. (I can understand the lack of a floppy drive, though I often find myself wishing my computer had one, but why the lack of a CD drive? Don't people still use those?)

I'm actually considering trying Linux, but it looks painfully different to install. Maybe I should wait until next year. XD

I think they still sell external floppy disk drives, obsolete as they are, and I know that they sell external DVD drives. Also, you might want to try Steam; their selection is pretty good and it's all digitally distributed so it eliminates a disk drive.

For Linux, try downloading a precompiled VM from VMware and run it in Player. That should allow you to try it out without screwing anything up; if by some chance you do, you can always delete or restore the VM to an older state.

Years
  • I use Windows 7 on my laptop, Mac OS 9.2 and OS X 10.4.11 on my Power Mac G4, and System 7 on my Macintosh Plus. All of these systems do receive daily use.

Years
  • I think they still sell external floppy disk drives, obsolete as they are, and I know that they sell external DVD drives. Also, you might want to try Steam; their selection is pretty good and it's all digitally distributed so it eliminates a disk drive.

For Linux, try downloading a precompiled VM from VMware and run it in Player. That should allow you to try it out without screwing anything up; if by some chance you do, you can always delete or restore the VM to an older state.

I've seen external floppy disk and CD drives before, but unfortunately my budget doesn't allow for them at the moment. Besides, starting up my old laptop isn't too much of a pain, considering how often I actually want to play a game.

You mean Windows Media Player, or is there some other type of player I have to download? It sounds easy enough, anyway, I'll have to try it. Debian is supposed to be a good Linux distribution, right?

Back