• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon could stand up to Mewtwo?

Years
    -3- I think Arceus is WAY too over-rated... Who cares if he's the friggin' creator of pokemon? A Lucario could beat one with no plate hands down.
    Arceus could simply erase Lucario from existence or transport him 10 miles outside the boundaries of reality.

Also, Rattata can defeat almost any Pokemon out there, does that make Rattata the best Pokemon? And don't get me started on Joey's Rattata!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    If i recall correctly Mew was already paired with Mewtwo being more or less equally strong in first movie.

Honestly i think any higher tier legendary could give hard time to Mewtwo even maybe beating him,like Rayquaza ,Ho-oh,Giratina with his ghost abillities etc.

And we cant forgett about Arceus(creator of pokemon)either.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    (Anime) How does Mewtwo compare to future generation legendaries?

Do you still consider him as the most powerful Pokemon or has future generation Pokemons surpass him already?

Discuss. ;p

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I think as previously said the only ones that could pose difficulty is the high tier Legendaries.

Mew - Mew actually was able too run with Mewtwo, even if they did it to add "drama" which I wouldn't take Mew lightly since Mew is pretty much Mewtwo dad, since his DNA was used to make him.

Lugia - It took on the Kanto bird Trio by itself. With a little help from Ash and Co. I think Mewtwo would have a quite a fun time trying too get past this fellow Psychic type. If Lugia was able to land an Aeroblast, then it wouldn't look too good against Mewtwo.

Ho-oh - I don't think I remember seeing anything from it battle wise. Every time I remember it, Ho-oh was mentioned in a mythical sense. Since it was opposite of Lugia, I would only assume since it is the Trio Master of the Dogs that it could pose a threat to Mewtwo.

Celebi - If we are going to use the Time argument with Dialga then Celebi would be in that same discussion as well. Since Celebi is also the time people. Celebi could go back in time and kill all the scientist before they created Mewtwo, but that wouldn't really show his capacity vs. Mewtwo in an actual battle.

Lati@s - I don't really see the as upper tier legends first off. Tobias Latios tied with Pikachu, and Nurse Joy Latias didn't far that great against Forrest Rhyperior.

Kyogre & Groudon - Both are both incredibly powerful pokemon, seen through there battle vs. each other. I could see them giving Mewtwo a challenge.

Rayquaza - Like the rest of the Weater Trio, they are powerful, but I don't see them beating Mewtwo at the end of the day.

Jirachi - I suppose it could wish Mewtwo to die, but still that doesn't showcase its combat capacity vs. Mewtwo.

Deoxys - It would be interesting to see this match up, if anyone would give Mewtwo a fight it would be Deoxys.

Dialga & Palkia - They control both Time and Space respectively, so yes if they use those aspects to go back in time or warp the spacial area were Mewtwo is at then he could be defeated.

Heatran - I am not seeing them, does not seem like a high tier pokemon first off, I haven't really seen anything from it that would warrant me to think it would be able to stand up against Mewtwo.

Regigigas - Yes this is a trio leader, but I don't really hold much value for Regigigas, I don't see it beating Mewtwo.

Giratina - Mewtwo has Shadow Ball as his signature move does he not? I don't think that the typing with deter Mewtwo, it would be an interesting fight either way.

Cresselia - Like Heatran, I haven't seen anything that would make me thing Cresselia would even have a remote chance at beating Mewtwo.

Manaphy - Every time I have seen Manaphy it was just with May being a baby, so I really can't say much for it.

Darkrai - Tobias Darkrai lost to Sceptile. Even if it faced four others prior, it still lost none the less. And Mewtwo has Focus Blast, so typing again is not the issue.

Shaymin - As with Manaphy I have yet to see Shaymin in a fight.

Arceus - Yes this is said to be the creator, but in a battle would it be able to beat Mewtwo?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh no, Mewtwo's definitely been surpassed by a long run. Give Arceus his Dark Plate and Mewtwo gets knocked back to his incubator.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    Mewtwo has a special place in my heart,but he's not my favorite anymore lol.I used to be the BIGGEST mewtwo fan but sevrel other legendarys are stronger now

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    Mewtwo will always be the strongest in my heart. Plus he has a decent personnality.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    So far, other than Arceus, Giratina, Palkia, Darkrai, and Dialga.... Mewtwo seems to be more powerful than the other legendaries. You see, the other legendaries are beasts. Mewtwo is a genius. I'm sure he can think of some strategy to beat beastly creatures.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    So far, other than Arceus, Giratina, Palkia, Darkrai, and Dialga.... Mewtwo seems to be more powerful than the other legendaries. You see, the other legendaries are beasts. Mewtwo is a genius. I'm sure he can think of some strategy to beat beastly creatures.

You're not thinking anime-physics. We're talking about the gods that control space and time here. If they wanted, Mewtwo doesn't have to exist XD

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    From what I have noticed over the years with each new generation the Legionaries seem to be stronger and stronger. Though Mewtwo may not be as strong in a head to head match he would almost always be able to outsmart the latter legendaries.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yes, my statement was excluding Giratina, Arceus, Palkia, and Dialga. XD

... oops >__>

Fine, a correct counterexample: Darkrai from the 10th movie. Pit Mewtwo and Darkrai and obviously Darkrai has the type advantage. It might be a tad closer than Arceus and Mewtwo, but I would be willing to place a bet on Darkrai.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    Well, it depends on the intelligence of the individual legendary.

Mewtwo, by far, is one of the most intelligent, if not the most intelligent, of the legendaries, but some others may easily outpower or outspeed him. Legendaries that are actually gods(Dialga, Palkia, Giritina, Arceus, etc.) are likely to easily outpower Mewtwo, but if you viewed Arceus's movie, then you can see that Arceus isn't exactly the brightest legendary, considering the fact that he was easily fooled, and was almost killed drowning in some hot water material that acted like glue.

Adaptability is also a key factor in this kind of situation. However, Mewtwo seems to be able to adapt to most environments, though the distortion world may fool him for a while, giving Giritina the upper hand(for a while, at least).

And that is all I have to say.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Lucario obviously. Or Brock's Happiny.

I think Mewtwo vs Lugia would be a good fight but I'm sure Mewtwo would win.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Aside from the Spacial Trio and Arceus who could easily wipe him from existence if they willed, a handful of the Chansey and Blissey from a few local Pokémon centers could in theory be able to hold off his entire onslaught while injecting him with the foulest Toxins you can find in a hospital, slowly whittling him away much in the same way they would in the games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    LOL! Those Chansey and Blissey won't be able to come any close to Mewtwo. He can just use his Psychic powers to move them away. XD

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Arceus may be the God of pokemon, but were yet to see any of its actual battling capabilities?
    I've also not seen any of the Regi's been mentioned yet, just because Regigigas is a complete pushover thats not to be said Registeel would but up a decent fight with typing etc?
    I'd also like to see a Genosect vs. Mewtwo battle, both bee made by villanous teams it would seem fitting...

Back