• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What pokemon did you use your master ball on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • I caught zekrom with my master ball, Kyurem Got burned by my volcorona's flame body luckily and was knocked down to yellow health when I threw an ultra ball and caught on my third try. Speaking of volcarona I got it from the relic castle when I was plasma sage hunting. Was strongest pokemon at the time but is now topped by my hydreigon.

I havn't gotten around to those deer/beast looking legendary trio yet but I have cleared my way to the one in mistralton cave when I realized I didn't have any pokeballs left so I had to use dig and thaught I'd come back at some point to catch it.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Master balls are for noobs who can't earn their catches =P. I used it because I was lazy and knew my best friend had an action replay he used for unlimited master balls on his platnum. If I'm ever in THAT much frustration I can see him but:

status ailment move + damage move(s) + ultra balls = good enough.

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
    Years
  • Not on Kyurem . It can be caught with a dusk ball . Use it on the roaming legends . For Black it is Tornadus and for White it is Thundurus

Years
  • I have all the legendaries except Thundurus and the ones that haven't been acknowleged by Nintendo yet (i.e. Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect), as well as the lv. 70 Volcarona, and I still haven't used my Master Ball.

Years
  • Yeah I don't really use my Master Ball on any Pokemon unless they really make me mad. So I still have it kept safe in sound in my box xD just in case :p anyways yeah I want to cath the legends without its help.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    I haven't seen any need to use the Mater Ball in Black - most of the Legendary Pokémon are easy to catch. I'll just save mine.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I haven't used mine yet, I really haven't saw a need for me to actually put it to any use.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Use my masterball? What? I usually keep mine to stare at.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years

• You might face-palm yourself after reading this, but Zekrom and Reshiram have the same catch rate as Deino. I caught them each with a normal Poke Ball, and they didn't even have status ailments.
    Deino is not the only pokemon with same catch rate... many, MANY pokemon have same or lower catch rate (45, or 5.9 percent chance of catching them with regular pokeball with full health, no stauts) than the yin yang duo. Then you only need average of 4-5 soft resets to catch either of them in a quick ball in first turn (therefore acting like a master ball).

Spoiler:

To answer the original question, I still didn't use either of my masterballs. I'm planning on catching a tornadus (I have black version), or shiny that I can't lower its HP without making it faint.

Last edited:

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I haven't, I caught thunderus with an Ultra Ball thanks to Spider Web. I don't know if I will every use my Master Balls I have three on one game and no difficult Pokemon to catch.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i used my master ball on reshiram because i had like 5 ultra balls and i was impatient because i wanted to battle N

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    I dont use my masterball. I think catching legendaries is fun for one. and i like to have it as a trophy

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I don't usually use my masterball, I tend to catch legendaries with other pokeballs.
    But I actually do use my master ball if I know that I will restart the game soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back