• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon do you hate battling the most?

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
  • In Non-Battle Frontier game battles, I would have to say anything with Trick Room. The first half of my team is extremely fast, so half my team is now massively handicapped thanks to one frickkin' move.
    In Battle Frontier battles, anything with 1 One hit-KO moves due to the Battle Frontier CHEATING and letting the other side have 100% accuracy. Really, getting my awesome competitive team smashed to pieces simply because the trainer I'm fighting has 100% accuracy on every move? Not the way I wanna lose, Game Freak.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I hate battling Koga's Muk in the Elite 4. It's just so... ugh! Even now when my pokemon are almost at Level 100 I hate battling it.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Competitive wise? Blissey hands down.

In-game? Zubat + Family.

Grrrr annoying!

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • Zubat, Geodude, Tentacool, Wingull/Pellipper. They are there all the time, and they have no reason to exist other than to annoy us.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Personally, I hate battling Blissey because it's so hard to make her faint because of her high HP.
    Try hitting her with some physical moves and then see how long she lasts. Her HP is at great heights, but her Defense is pretty low.

I'd say Pokémon like Bidoof, Zubat, Tentacool, Rattata, and Magikarp are just so annoying to pop up everywhere. Not to mention, they give you lousy Exp. Points, so it's just a waste of time having them come up so often. u_u

Also, Pokémon that can boost up their evasiveness - yeah, that's annoying too.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • every single ice and physic pokemon, they are the most annoying pokemon EVER.

also, grass pokemon, they just like to attack and gain at the same time.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I don't mind high HP Pokemon like Blissey since they die relatively easily with fighting moves. However, I hate bronzong. It should be weak to dark attacks but it's not, and it always takes me hours to kill it.

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Any pokemon with the Poison Point ability.
    I mostly have physical based attacks for my pokemon so it gets me everytime D:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Personally, I hate battling Blissey because it's so hard to make her faint because of her high HP. I also don't like battling any opponent who can make their pokemon have very high evasiveness in a few moves.

THIS. THIS. THIS. :cer_pissed: I have a vendetta against this thing. If you don't have a physical move on a Pokemon with good attack, this thing IS A PAIN. Even more annoying with Double Team+Softboiled spamming and Leftovers. And when using Special moves, battles draw out FOR SO LONG. >_>

I hate battling Speed freaks like Aerodactyl and Electrode. They usually KO me before I can KO them back if I lack priority.

This, too! I actually had to raise a Hasty Flygon to combat Emerald's Battle Tower because I was getting Earthquaked too much by stupid speedsters. So freaking annoying.

Anything that can Roar you away. :( I want the exp points, dammit! DON'T SCARE ME AWAY. >:o

This. They force an encounter, and then they just Roar you away, wasting precious time. WTF?! Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are worse because by executing Roar, they can be Lost Forever if you save.

I hate facing Pokemon with Shadow Tag or Arena Trap (the latter I can escape with Flying-type leads, though). You can't run, you can't switch, you have to fight, and you're screwed if your lead just so happens to be a Pokemon low on HP or a low-leveled Pokemon that is in training. UGH!

Also, I hate taking down Quagsire if the current sent-out Pokemon doesn't have a Grass-type move handy. Usually I get pummeled by Earthquake, or whittle its HP down and subsequently succumb to Counter or Mirror Coat. Rest with Chesto Berry combos are even worse.

I loathe Starmie because they have high Special Attack and usually KO my Flygon with Ice Beam, or raise their stats and KO my Pokemon handily with a powerful Electric-type or Water-Type move. And they can RECOVER HP.

Kingdra are also a pain to face due to their peculiar type combination, so the traditional Grass, Ice, and Electric-type attacks won't work super-effectively against it; I usually have to resort to Dragon-type moves.

Shuckle with Double Team..oh, gosh. And its insane defenses and tendency to use Substitute don't help.

I usually have a problem with dinosauric Pokemon opponents as well.

I freaking hate Exploders and Perish Singers in Battle Facilities, though (in situations of last Pokemon remaining). If the player does it, he/she loses. If the opponent does it, the player still loses. COMPLETELY unfair. So basically, "draws" are considered "losses" for the player. Such situations should either be considered as draws, or a loss should be applied to the player who actually initiates the move. Aside from "90% accuracy" OHKO moves, this is the time I hate the cheating computer the most. :cer_pissed:

Finally, I HATE Double Teamers and Pokemon with OHKO moves. The former makes every turn like torture, and the latter can completely change the tide of a battle (as in, under normal damage circumstances, my Pokemon would have resisted enough HP and would have been able to retaliate, had it not been for a 1HKO move).

Furthermore, OHKO moves completely nullify three entire stats (one offensive stat of the user is temporarily turned to "infinity", one of the opponent's defensive stats is reduced to zero, and the opponent's HP becomes a non-factor) :cer_pissed:

While I hate Double Team, I am opposed to the outright banning of it - as annoying and spammy as it is, it is a valid stat just like Attack and Defense, and there are tactics to counteract it, just like there are tactics to counteract other stat increases. OHKO moves, however, are unfair.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm going to add a Gen 5 Pokemon to the mix!

Munnas are horrible to fight. Yawn, put me to sleep, Moonlight, one attack, Yawn, put me to sleep, Moonlight, one attack. Over. And over. And over.

/raaaaage

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Meditite and Medicham. Partially because I hate the sprites more than anything, and partially because I feel like they were everywhere in D/P/P.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I'm going to add a Gen 5 Pokemon to the mix!

Munnas are horrible to fight. Yawn, put me to sleep, Moonlight, one attack, Yawn, put me to sleep, Moonlight, one attack. Over. And over. And over.

/raaaaage

UGH, this. The last battle I had with Bianca dragged out because of her Munna. I was sitting there forever, hitting Munna and then to be put to sleep and then it heals itself. >.>

Years
  • Pichu. Effing Pichu. It dies in one hit, gives almost no exp, but then: STATIC.
    I never seem to have a special attacker out when I run into these bastards, so usually it's the choice between wasting time for a switch and the definite paralysis from T-Wave (which they love to spam) or the supposedly-30% but-actually-definite as-well paralysis from Static. Grrrr...

Years
  • I've never loved Magnemite,magneton & magnezone... Steels & Electrics types aren't really goods for birds =.=

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    I always hate fighting Wooper/Quagsire, for some reason the water & ground types combined is hard for me, usually because I don't have a grass pokemon with me.

Years
  • So far in my limited exposure, I just hate Dragonair and Dragonite because of Lance. I do not enjoy feeling like I MUST carry a pokemon that has at least one ice move.

Any other type of attack I nearly down them but then he uses a hyper potion to top them right back to full. None of my moves do just enough damage that he won't use a potion but still enough that I could two-shot them. Quite annoying.

Outleveling the enemy loses its charm after a while, as I found out the hard way.

Back