• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon do you think deserved to be a starter?

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Ekans evolves once.
    Anyway, i always wanted to start with larvitar :cool:

nuh uh, ekans evolves into arbok, then sevipur!111!11

Probaby a Pokemon with a branched evolution like Poliwag, Oddish, Ralts, etc.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • nuh uh, ekans evolves into arbok, then sevipur!111!11

Actually Seviper is a seperate species from ekans and arbok. If arbok could evolve they would continue with spelling the name backwards. so it would be repiv....yeah that doesn't sound very cool.

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
  • In my mod, I'm doing a Kabutops-Breloom-Houndoom trio. The reason I'm doing their second stage evo is because my contest rules won't allow me to change their evo level.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • Elekid Magby Poliwag piloswine porygon ..

I really wish they made a better bug and dark type pokemon

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
  • Uhmm..I guess any pokemon that evolves more then one time.
    And the pokemons evolves more then one time without any kind of stones or any trade evolution will be suitable for a starter pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2009
    I think your idea would be great. Eevee as a starter would be nice! Because if you choose Eevee, you just need to breed it to complete all starters. Unlike, with original, bulabasaur. You have to trade to someone to get a squirtle or charmander.

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
  • Feebas. You know, so you don't have to go through the closest thing relating to Hell in a Pokemon game.

Okay, but in all seriousness, maybe the baby pokemon.

I think Togepi, Smoochum, Riolu, Elekid, Magby, or Mime Jr. would make cool starters, based on their evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    For Red/Blue, of course Eevee would have made a great starter.
    For Gold/Silver I think Togepi would have made somewhat of a cool/interesting starter, although it wouldn't know any attacks that would inflict damage...
    For Ruby/Sapphire Ralts would make an awesome starter (I kinda got the idea from Wally...)
    For Diamond/Pearl I think that Munchlax would make a cool starter. Same reasons as why i think Togepi. I think Platinum's starter of Togepi would be cool though too since it could become a Togekiss.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I actually like the classic fire/water/grass spread of the starters. I don't really like some of them, but I don't think there are any real replacements that would work better.

Starting with a Shinx would be fun though; so cute <3.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
  • It'd be neat if there was some kind of prehistoric theme to the next generation, like going back into the history of the 'verse. Though I guess when the fossil pokemon were originally alive it was still too long ago for people to have invented the apricon-pokeballs, eh? Though maybe that doesn't matter, since the scientists have Jurassic-Parked them all back to life.

But fossil or dino-themed starters would be sweet. I guess the franchise doesn't want to get too cliche and use loads of dinosaur models, but we do have Shieldon who looks very starter-like! And a pre-evo of Aerodactyl would be really cool.

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Starters

If you go with the basic starter types I would go Numel for fire type Corphish for water type and cacnea for grass type if you go beyond the basic starter types I would say nidoran male and female would be nice and trapinch would be nifty as well

Back