• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What pokemon of the 493 do u want to see included in the gen 5 dex

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    In addition to plenty of type variety, I'd also like the selection of returning mons to have a variety in what Gen they were introduced, especially mons that haven't had a shot at a return yet. Mareep has never been wild except in Johto, for example.

If Sneasel is available, please let it be catchable at least halfway through the game. We only ever get a shot at it in the last quarter of the main story. Some Hoenn pokémon would be nice too, like Aron or Duskull.

Although if there are pokémon that aren't available in the wild until national dex, hopefully a decent amount more is added compared to the last two generations, and we don't have to rely on some sort off gimmick to get them to appear.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Personally, I want to see a generation where there isn't an expanded Pokédex. So I don't want to see any previous generation Pokémon added. Granted there will probably always be some Pokémon that are included from previous generations to a new one and there would probably always be a national dex, it would be nice for a generation to have as little connections to previous generations.

I actually think that the fact that this is a region so far away from the previous regions that this will happen. I mean, you don't see animals that are exclusive to one country in one on the other side of the world, do you? Apart from a zoo... so logically thinking, this could very well be a sign that there won't be many Pokémon included.

lets see...

pokemon=/= real life.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I'd want to have the Isshu Dex filled completely with new Pokemon. I do want new evolutions of old Pokemon; but just keep them out of the regional dex, like how Magmortar and Rotom were in Diamond and Pearl.

Years
    Agreed with Midnight Bear. I'd love it if they kept the old Pokémon seperate through the new Pokémon. Like how you go through the story and verse trainers,none of them will have Pokémon from the previous 4 generations unless there were new evolutions or pre-evolutions. That kinda gives them less variety for the Pokémon choices for their trainers but it'd be cool if they can pull it off.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    - Dratini Familly
    - Shaymin
    - and that you can choose one of the johto starters
    - Ditto

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    the 6 will always be there:
    ghastly
    abra
    geodude
    machop
    zubat
    & magikarp

Gastly wasn't in R/S/E, and you forgot Pikachu. ;)

I'd like to see Blaziken, but as Torchic is a starter, I doubt it's going to happen. :\ I'd like to see Eevee and some Eeveelutions, specifically Espeon. :3 I like Espeon. xD And that's all I can think of at the moment. :P

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Availabilty of Previous Pokemon

OK. So it's been established that Isshu is far away from the previous regions. The previous regions were based off of Japan. Isshu is based off of, well not Japan.

In Black and White you have to import your Pokemon from the previous regions instead of trade in. Or apparently so.

So, my question is this. Will Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoennm and Sinnoh actually be available? They have always been in the past albeit sparsely. Im guessing that in Black and White Pokemon from previous regions wont be available at all.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    of course they will be available. i don't see why not. of course not all of them will be there but i feel that most will appear in the wild in one way or another.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Maybe. But its based on a different continent, and it made it so you cant just trade them in from DPPt/HGSS, so somethings up if you ask me

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I feel that the following will have to be there
    Pikachu
    Machop
    Geodude
    I think there is a few more
    and of course all their evos
    why? these pokes have been available in the Regional dex for every game so far.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    I feel that the following will have to be there
    Pikachu
    Machop
    Geodude
    I think there is a few more
    and of course all their evos
    why? these pokes have been available in the Regional dex for every game so far.
    onix, rattacate, voltorb, scyther, ect.

why would game freak just not allow them in the game unless you trade them?

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    onix, rattacate, voltorb, scyther, ect.

why would game freak just not allow them in the game unless you trade them?

I dont know, and thats my point. Why would they unless they werent available?

Back