• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon type is the most powerful?

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    There are different types of pokemon that have Strengths and Weaknesses but the question has to know what type is the most powerful.
    I just want to know it because I always ask it to myself so I hope you guys can help me.

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Water, definitely.
    Not only do Water types have Pokémon ranging from Tanks, walls and clerics to Sweepers and whatnots, but their usually high SP.Defense and HP make them extremely useful, considering many of them can learn Mirror Coat and that Water types only have special weaknesses.
    Not to mention Water types often have wide movepools that provide them with a great type coverage.
    Water types also tend to have interesting type combinations.

enyce

banned
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    Water, definitely.
    Not only do Water types have Pokémon ranging from Tanks, walls and clerics to Sweepers and whatnots, but their usually high SP.Defense and HP make them extremely useful, considering many of them can learn Mirror Coat and that Water types only have special weaknesses.
    Not to mention Water types often have wide movepools that provide them with a great type coverage.
    Water types also tend to have interesting type combinations.

Wooper/Quagsire is an example of an interesting combination, water/ground. Thats really cool, Immunity to electric attacks. ^_^

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Wooper/Quagsire is an example of an interesting combination, water/ground. Thats really cool, Immunity to electric attacks. ^_^
    Not to mention the resistance against Rock and Poison, the ground type makes Wooper/Quagsire/Marshtomp/Swampert especialy weak against grass, though, but Quagsire's Amnesia pretty much makes up for that.

feraligatr1.0

Cyber Feraligatr
    Years
    Steel/Fighting Will be the strongest, when it comes out, of course. Finnally, a legendary fighting pokemon. In the first generation, Dragon and psychic were meant to be the two strongest, not to mention the fact that all the unobtainable legendaries have some psychic in them.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    I personally think Psychic types are the strongest pokemon
    'cuz they tend to be very fast and have insanely high special attack
    and although their movepools tend to not be the greatest they learn
    a good enough veriety of moves to take on any other type and win.

Whiplash

Been very inactive
    Years
    I have to say water and phychic
    Because I agree what Smarties - kun said and phychic because of what VanirElf said :P.

enyce

banned
    Years
    I would have to say....Dragon. It has so many resistances, then it only has two weaknesses ice and dragon.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Psychic used to be the strongest until GSC came out and then it took another hit with the third gen games. Water has surpassed it though.

The weakest is Bug, followed by Fire. I don't understand why people think Fire is so strong. Its Water/Ground weakness far exceeds its Bug/Grass/Ice strength.

blanX

I'm Content With Losing
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    well whenever im playing a pkmn game, i always have an alakazam available with psychic. one hit wonders most of the time. darks faint too easily by fighting. but i think psychic pokes are just fast, and most of their attacks are specials. which is one of their strong points. bug, dark, and ghost are the only weaknesses. but people always say to me, "OMG THATZ NOT TEH TRUE! ALAKAZAM CAN PWN GENGAR!!!1!!1!!one" well that's because his 2nd type is poison.. obviously. so the main point of this post is saying Psychics and or Dragon would be the most powerful type most of their attacks are special-based.

Back