• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What Shinies Have you caught on any game (not including red gyrados on G/S/C)

steel_skarmory

Ph33r t3h houndoom
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 25, 2005
    ^That was spam^

Anyway, I have a lot of shinies here they are.

Crystal:
    Elekid (the thing came out of the odd egg)
    Snorlax (I bred it)
    Gyrados (the red one =D)
    Gengar (fully evolved from a gastly)

R/S/E:
    Kyogre (I know, it's awesome! =D =D)
    Linoone (evolved from zigzagoon)
    Torchic (bred from my blaziken)
    Roselia (I caught it lol)
    Altaria (evolved from swablu)

FR/LG:
    Nidoran (It was only after I caught it that I noticed it was shiny, lol)
    Gravaler
    Pidgeot (fully evolved from a pidgey)
    Aerodactyl (omg this thing looks cool, lol)

That's it for my shinies. I am currently trying to breed a shiny cyndaquil from my typhlosion.

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
  • i got a shiny jirachi!!!!!!!!1 i got it from colluseum and put the thing in my firered! its so tight i love shiny jirachi.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2005
    I've caught a purple zubat which is now a beautiful Crobat , hatched a golden iggly buff, caught a golden hoot hoot, caught a golden Raticate. Some one tell me what the purpose of shiny pokemon is?

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Beacet said:
    I've caught a purple zubat which is now a beautiful Crobat , hatched a golden iggly buff, caught a golden hoot hoot, caught a golden Raticate. Some one tell me what the purpose of shiny pokemon is?

The purpose is that is rare and is stronger than the original.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • From Trades: Celebi, Mew, Magby (from Odd Egg), Rocky (Onix received in Violet), Volty (Voltorb received in Olivine)

Pure Luck: Gligar, Growlithe (now Arcanine), Porygon (Now Porygon2)

One-time-only Pokes: Lugia, Ho-oh, Sudowoodo, Bill's Eevee (Now Espeon), 3 Electrodes (from Rocket Project in Mahogany), Cyndaquil (Now Typhlosion), Mania's Shuckle (Cianwood), 5 Laprases (And still catching! XD)

For the ones you receive once in the game (Lugia, Bill's Eevee, your Starter, etc.) or you at least confront them instead of random battles, save before you go up to the Pokemon (or trainer who has it). Receive it/look at in battle to see if it's shining. If not, reset until it is.

These Pokes are very similar to Red Gyarados. You're almost guaranteed to get them Shining if you do the above trick. NOTE: This could take a ling time. Odds are 1 in over 8000. It took me 2 hours of resetting to get Shining Lugia.

Years
  • shiny

i caught a shiny slowpoke on crystal and 2 shiny odishes a pochyena an a eletrike on emerald

Last edited:

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • I caught a Shiny Kecleon in Emerald, but never noticed until like a month later.

Back