• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What typings don't exist that you'd like to?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Dragon/Fighting.

Seriously. How awesome would a Pokemon like that look?

If a Pokémon like that were ever to be introduced, I could imagine it to resemble Five-Headed Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh. It's be quite epic!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I was thinking a ghost/fairy type would be an angel pokemon. It is just what comes to my mind when that type is mentioned.

Duuuuude. I hadn't thought of that. Ghost fairy would totally be an angel-like pokemon. It makes so much sense - an angel would be able to know spritely attacks as well as otherworldly ones. I would imagine it would have a high base sp def, as most fairies do - but also speed, because it just seems like an angel pokemon would move very quickly. I could see I high or low base HP too, more likely than an average one. If they ever did that I would hope they would give it a signature attack, something a bit creepy or dark sounding, since y'know. Angels usually deal with dead people anyways.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Duuuuude. I hadn't thought of that. Ghost fairy would totally be an angel-like pokemon. It makes so much sense - an angel would be able to know spritely attacks as well as otherworldly ones. I would imagine it would have a high base sp def, as most fairies do - but also speed, because it just seems like an angel pokemon would move very quickly. I could see I high or low base HP too, more likely than an average one. If they ever did that I would hope they would give it a signature attack, something a bit creepy or dark sounding, since y'know. Angels usually deal with dead people anyways.

Perhaps it could have some shadow lift your foe's body, and have their Pokémon drop on the floor? More heavy they are, the more damage it would inflict. Flying-types probably wouldn't be affected, though, so they would easily be able to escape by hovering.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2019
    I really like the idea of a fairy/dark type, something that someone mentioned above. I would like to think of all of the possibilities for that one, pretty exciting!

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I would LOVE to see a Normal/Ghost type Pokemon. It would have a gazillion immunities and it would probably have a pretty wide movepool, being able to learn Will-o-Wisp as well as the many different type TM moves that Normal types can typically learn. As for design, I would imagine something between Frankenstein's monster and a classic zombie (PG-friendly, obviously).
    With Fairies being around nowadays, I would also like to see a Dragon/Poison type Pokemon. Giant snake? Seviper Mega?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I would LOVE to see a Normal/Ghost type Pokemon. It would have a gazillion immunities and it would probably have a pretty wide movepool, being able to learn Will-o-Wisp as well as the many different type TM moves that Normal types can typically learn. As for design, I would imagine something between Frankenstein's monster and a classic zombie (PG-friendly, obviously).
    With Fairies being around nowadays, I would also like to see a Dragon/Poison type Pokemon. Giant snake? Seviper Mega?

Oooo, that's a great idea for a dark fairy - what a cool typing too, dark fairy. Fairy actually covers all of dark's weaknesses except for fairy itself - so it'd only be weak to Fairy, Poison, and Steel. Those are pretty good weaknesses all by themselves! And we do actually have a Dragon / Poison type, in Dragalge :P And thank goodness too, because that really is an awesome typing.

Oh - and Undertaker - Fire / Ice type would be awesome. Total beast special attacker. I think the only problem it would have would be hitting other fire types, or water. But that's some awesome coverage, 4 x rock weakness be damned. Stab on Flamethrower and Ice beam is scary too. :x

It should have some kind of reference to Icy Hot xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I love all of these. And the concepts you gave for some of those seem REALLY viable too - especially a viking like Ice/Fighting type. That, that would be badass. I'd name it something Skyrim - related :P As for Bug Dragon, come onnnnn mega flygon.

Thanks.

And, you know, I just thought of another:

A Fire/Ice type starter based on a goat/sheep (another allusion to the Chinese Zodiac). The inspiration of which would be a Dante's Inferno style interpretation of hell.

You know how in Dante's Inferno, some of the circles of hell (the eighth and seventh) are fiery while others (the third and ninth, for example) are icy? So, it would make perfect sense for a Pokémon based on Hell itself to be half Fire and half Ice. Plus, Satan is usually interpreted as having the traits of a goat.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ghost/Fairy would be pretty creepy I think, I'd definitely like to see that. Also, Fire/Ice would be really cool. Years ago I would have said Fire/Water, but Volcanion changes that haha ;]

Years
  • There's four I'd like to see: Bug/Dark, Bug/Ice (I just think those kind of bugs could look really cool, the latter one could maybe be like a snow moth or something), Fire/Ice (although I've no idea how that would even be physically possible lol) xD and Fighting/Ice :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ghost/Fairy

Fairy/Bug

Ice/Fire

Fire and ice probably wouldn't make sense; since former melts latter, it'd be hard to explain how the Pokémon manages itself and whatnot. Perhaps they could make this mechanical, like Genesect, and have it wield both fire and ice power (but limit it to one at a time)?

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
  • Hmm, Ghost/Grass, no wait, they id that this Gen... Flying/Fighting... no wait, they did that as well (but no Mega Farfetch'd :'/)... Water/Fire, no wait, they've apparently done that for an event Pokemon... Um... Poison/Dragon... DARN THEY'VE DONE ALL THE ONES I WANTED ALREADY :P Nah, I really wanna see... no, everything I can think of has already been done ;-; Oh well, just do a Poison/Ghost, I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done, and I like most Poison types (except Dragalge, he's one of the two Gen VI Pokemon that just break the laws of the universe, him and Ghost Glitch Wing Talonflame :/ ) and Ghost is my favourite type. Really, anything with Ghost pairing except Ghost/Bug I'm happy with (I REALLLLY don't like Shedninja...).

Fire and ice probably wouldn't make sense; since former melts latter
    Well, how does Water/Fire work, or Electric/Ground? I'm pretty sure they could find a way to make it work, like maybe it's composed of a fire/lava core in a NeverMeltIce body?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Fire Fairy type!

Have like an angelic looking pokemon with a fire motif. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Well, how does Water/Fire work, or Electric/Ground? I'm pretty sure they could find a way to make it work, like maybe it's composed of a fire/lava core in a NeverMeltIce body?

That sounds like a very nice idea, actually! So long as they execute it right, it could definitely work, I'm sure.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Fire and ice probably wouldn't make sense; since former melts latter, it'd be hard to explain how the Pokémon manages itself and whatnot. Perhaps they could make this mechanical, like Genesect, and have it wield both fire and ice power (but limit it to one at a time)?

White Kyurem could have easily passed for an Ice/Fire type but instead kept its Dragon/Ice type

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    White Kyurem could have easily passed for an Ice/Fire type but instead kept its Dragon/Ice type

One reason why they'd kept its dragon-typing is probably due to its body design; thanks to the way it's been structured, as soon as fans would see it, they would likely get reminded of dragons, since most of us have seen these creatures before (maybe not up-close) and know how they look and whatnot. Though, it would definitely have been cool if it were ice-fire, as we've never had anything like it!

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
  • Oh well, just do a Poison/Ghost, I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done

In case you were unaware, Gastly and it's evolutions are Ghost/Poison type, so...yeah. I guess they have done all the type combinations you wanted after all. {XD}

Oddly enough, I'm kinda hoping they add a new type soon, if not next gen so we have more unused type combos. Besides that, Ice/Fighting sounds pretty cool(haha, temperature puns). Maybe give it to an eskimo Pokemon or a snowman Pokemon? Super Macho Emperor Penguin Pokemon, maybe?

Back