• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what was the first ever legendary you caught?

xXKaonashiXx

Pokemon Fan Since 1995
    Years
    Well, my first game was Sapphire, but I wasted my master ball on a Trapinch... >.< So, I think my first legendary was Ho-Oh... Either Ho-Oh, or Groudon...

Greg.

Elite Four
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    Articuno on Yellow. Remember getting confused and stuck with the boulder puzzle in the cave he was in!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Either Zapdos or Articuno in Blue version. I can't remember. I do know it was one of the two.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    My first was an Articuno in FireRed a Groudon in Ruby. To be honest, I was really shocked at that time since I was able to catch a legendary because well, it's a legendary after all...

Last edited:
    Years
    I honestly can't remember if it was Zapdos or Articuno that I caught first in Yellow (I was only 7 at the time), but I had them both before I got Mewtwo. I also know that I didn't want Moltres because I had a Fire/Flying type with Charizard, so I just defeated it in battle to gain XP.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Raikou in Silver version, with the MasterBall.
    I had owned the Yellow version before, but I think I was too young so I didn't even know that there were "legendary" Pokémon and didn't search them at all :pink_confused:

Shijo

Scientist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2013
    the first legendary i caughted was mewtwo in pokemon red, mewtwo is my favorite of all legendarys in all generations

Years
    Ah, I remember doing the Up + B thing... :P
    I went and got Moltres first, it WAS the easiest out of the three birds. :)

I could never catch any of the legendary dogs in Gold though, might go back and do that...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    First was Articuno in Red like some others here. I need to play that game again.

fullyevolved

Legendary Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2012
    The first legendary I caught (which I guess excludes the original Missingno.) was Mew in my Pokemon Blue. It was epic.

Back