• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what was the first ever legendary you caught?

Nepse

Dragonite<3
    Years
    Ooh... Hard one. I was probably 3 at the time, fortunately I have a good memory, though (lol). I know it was Blue, it was not Articuno... *Thinks for a couple of minutes*... It had to be... Zapdos. I remember the Power Plant so well, and I was the first (and youngest) of three brothers to catch Moltres, but that had to be nearly a year later.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    My first was Raikou in Gold, I caught him after hours of searching outside Ecruteak. I used the leave and return method that makes them change location most of the time. I caught him around my 23rd encounter. He was level 40 and the rest of my team was high 20s and low 30s.(I beat Morty before catching Raikou).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    My first legendary Pokemon I caught was Zapdos in Pokemon Blue, because one of my cousins showed me how to find one so I could beat my other cousin in a link battle!!! :D

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    Uxie in Diamond. I used my Master Ball on it, then I found out Mesprit roamed around and immediately regretted using the Master Ball on Uxie.
    Still, there are worse things to use it on.

Gonshiro

Zeon Lieutenant Junior Grade
    Years
    Let's see...My first legendary Pokemon was Zapdos, on Pokemon Red. I received a copy of Red for Christmas back in '98, and the next day I found out my friend had gotten the same game (his brother got blue).

I was going through the Power Plant sometime in early '99, and happened to see a bird by the exit. Curious, I went to talk to it, it cried and a battle started. The next thing I knew, I was looking at a Zapdos around the same level as my party. I did fail on my first try, and ended up smacking it one too many times...it croaked. Luckily I saved before entering the place, and got it on my second try.

I was rather excited, as I had never seen a Zapdos before, and the next day I went to my friend's house. I pulled out my Gameboy (that's right, I still owned an original Gameboy at that point) and smugly pointed to my newest Pokemon. He laughed, retrieving his own Gameboy Pocket. My friend not only had Zapdos, but Articuno as well. Hahaha....

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    First game was emerald. I wasted masterball on a solrock, killed the weather trio (Actual battle/thought pattern: Rayquaza appears! HYPER BEAM! Faints! ....HAHAHA COOL! *Leaves*) I discovered how to unlock the regis a few months later, my first was regirock.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Mine was Zapdos in Blue Version.

I'm pretty confident a lot of the older players (who started out with Red/Blue/Yellow versions) are gonna have Zapdos (mainly because its usually the first you encounter) or one of the other Legendary birds. But I guess if those aren't considered true legendaries then my answer is obviously Mewtwo.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Kyogre in Sapphire, though it was my second playthrough. I accidentally killed it my first time through, haha.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    Mine was Zapdos in Blue Version.

I'm pretty confident a lot of the older players (who started out with Red/Blue/Yellow versions) are gonna have Zapdos (mainly because its usually the first you encounter) or one of the other Legendary birds. But I guess if those aren't considered true legendaries then my answer is obviously Mewtwo.

But then you have players like me who screw up :P I would have hyper beamed poor zap if it was my first game I I bet.

Back