• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first pokemon you ever got?

SatoshiLuver

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I posted this thread justto sorta see what the first pokemon people ever got in a game was. That includes starters.
    THe very first pokemon i ever got in a game was my Cyndaquil on my pokemon silver version =] Its now a level 98 Typhlosion(i really should train it those last 2 levels). =]

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    For one, I don't see the point behind this thread, also, furthermore, it belongs in Pokemon General, not other Pokemon Games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Excluding starters?

First starter I picked was Charmander in Red Version, because at a young age, naturally, I had an obsession with dinosaurs. The next one I got was a Rattata (I used Tackle over and over to beat Brock's Onix, as I was too young to understand the concept of "elements") and I kept the Raticate throughout the entire game, owning people with it's super-powerful Hyper Fang and Super Fang.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2007
    Excluding starters?

First starter I picked was Charmander in Red Version, because at a young age, naturally, I had an obsession with dinosaurs. The next one I got was a Rattata (I used Tackle over and over to beat Brock's Onix, as I was too young to understand the concept of "elements") and I kept the Raticate throughout the entire game, owning people with it's super-powerful Hyper Fang and Super Fang.

Yo same exact thing on Raticate haha Hyperfang and Superfang pwned everyone and everything

I started out with Bulbasaur got a pidgy and rattata and I was set for the whole freakin game!

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Charmander on my olde Blue version.

I did know much back then, and I wasn't a huge fan on the starters at all (These days i'm rather fond of Charizard), but it was the second and fourth pokemon I ever used that catapulted me into playing it almost religously. Those pokemon were Rattata and Pikachu.

Years
    my first ever Pokemon was Charmander

the first Pokemon i ever caught was an Abra, i remember it well because i had Charmander and Abra trained up to level 26 each, not had them evolved and i was trying to beat Surge and struggled badly because i was too stubborn to catch an ugly rock pokemon :embarrass

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    my first one was a pikachu, way back when yellow was the latest thing

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
    In Red I started with Squirtle, caught a Pikachu in Viridian Forest and then caught no Pokemon until Snorlax.(Yay! Snorlax!)

In Gold I started with Cyndaquil, and then had my friends trade me eggs of the other two. I then only added an Eevee, now an Umbreon.

In Ruby, I started with Treecko, traded in a Torchic and then only ever caught Shiny Zubat afterwards.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I think it was between Mudkip and Torchic...
    Oh yeah right, Mudkip!
    I couldn't beat May so Yeah, I switched it into Torchic!
    And I caught: A Lotad as my first Pokemon in Emerald :<

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Either Totodile or Cyndaquil on my Silver game. Silver was my first game ever. ^_^
    Next Pokemon would probably be Pidgey or Hoothoot.

Years
    First starter: Charmander from Green Version with messed up translation. Lol, wait, there were NO translation, but randomization ._."
    First caught: Pidgey or Rattata in the same game.

Back