• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was the most dissapointing Pokemon in Gen IV?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    With a thread like this about the Fifth Generation, I think the Fourth deserves one too! \o/

So, simply put: What was the most dissapointing Pokemon you found to be or used while playing through the games?

With the variety of Pokemon mostly easily accessable - (Mainly HGSS), there is a lot to choose from, so I really do have a list of pokemon that I found useless and dissapointing -- Dusparance (not surprisingly) being one of them.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I never really found any of the Pokemon I used to be bad. I never use certain Pokemon because I can clearly see which ones are going to be decent and which ones are going to be garbage.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Carnivine. It's got such a cute design but it totally sucks. ):

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Well... Geodude was pretty much an inanimate object too. A rock.

Spiritomb on the other hand is a ghost.

I personally like both, since we've seen Spiritomb to be ncredibly powerful -- especiallu under Cynthia's ownership. And geodude does evolve into Golem eventually, which can also prove to be a tough opponent, although it's defense is iffy.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    But he's a ghost. You know, ghosts tend to possess things (in fiction). Geodude on the other hand isn't a ghost.

My point is, Spiritomb isn't the first inanimate object Pokemon. They had them since the beginning.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    No, Spirittomb was the first of the lame ones. Like Icecream, chandeliers etc. Geodude was is a BAMF. So~rry.
    What was the most dissapointing Pokemon in Gen IV?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    ... SpiritTomb? That's the start of the inanimate object POKeMON.
    Magnemite line, Grimer line, Voltorb line, and Porygon line aren't inanimate as opposed to Spiritomb?

For me the most unappealing not necessarily ones I dislike, but just didn't click for me were the Finneon line and Carnivine. Never used them so I can't say how useless they are.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    About time someone picked up on it. I also never really fell in love with Bidoof... He's to plain.

I actually really liked bidoof, at least, he's grown on me. I think we've never really had an otter based pokemon before Oshawott etc. So I think the concept of them are great, and they prove to be especially useful for HM slaves.

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years

I actually really liked bidoof, at least, he's grown on me. I think we've never really had an otter based pokemon before Oshawott et. So I think the concept of them are great, and they prove to be especially useful for HM slaves.

Wasn't BUIZEL and Otter too?

Last edited:
    Years
    I remember seeing Buneary and I went "Oh, it's so cute".

I decided to train one and hopefully raise its happiness to get a Lopunny but then... I found myself losing happiness rather than gaining it cos I found my poor Buneary falling so easily.

Yeah, what a letdown was that!

I also loved Lumineon's design but it stats really are garbage.

Back