• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the very first thing you thought when you saw arceus?

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    I wondered whether or not it was a goat for a while.
    LOLOL!!! Nice one dude...

Well to meh... I though it was a fake mon but then people started talkin about teh god of pokemon...it does look ok but... shouldn't it be more uber looking... i mean it is a god...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I though "What the hell is this?!?"

I didn't find out until later that it was the pokemon god, and then I was like, "wow, that sucks."

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    I thought "Oohniice"

Then I thought "This'll be a good grass type!"

And as a final thought it was "Ooh, effective against all 3 main types!"

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    It is somewhat ok but I would like something more ferosious (spelling?). Like Groudon. And that thing around him/her? Is it a type barrier (it makes the pokemon the type of the plate it stores in a pouch or something). If so, maybe other pokemon can get it if taken off Arceus and put on someone else. Like Groudon. >D heheheh.

EDIT: When I saw the size I was like; WT... It is sooooo small, and for a GOD pokemon geez.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    My first thought:

"...Those gold things look like a steering wheel."

My second thought thereafter was the image of me seizing Arceus by the (arms? appendages?) and attempting to flip him over.

My third thought was the image of me trying to hang things on said appendages.

Mostly, I was distracted by that golden thing. I wasn't even aware that it was supposed to be the creator god until much later. But then that made me even more amused by those mental images. (To this day, I think Arceus should have Christmas lights strung on those things. They'll make him more sparkly.)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    When I first saw it I said " Ive got to get and Action Replay because I will never get one without it!" so I got one but I need to get another one.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    It looks weird, and I didn't believe it was the god of pokemon at first, and it doesn't look strong enough either, but oh well... idk XD

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I was just thinking how badly Nintendo screwed Diamond/Pearl over.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hm, I was talking to my friend who used to play Pokémon Crater with me on MSN and he sent me a link to a picture of Arceus, telling me this Pokémon was being called the God of all Pokémon. My first thought was me wondering whether or not he was joking and my second was me realising I wasn't impressed by the appearance of the so-called God. The third thing I thought was what happened to Mew? It was, after all, the Original One. The ancestor of all Pokémon. To this day, I still don't have an answer for that question.

Long story short; Arceus did not entertain me.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I my first reaction was: This was going a little too far. 1) Crossing people's religous beliefs. 2) Poorly designed. 3) Judging by Nintendo's reaction to it (and the fact the Anime staff appears to not know of it), it might become the first pokemon to retconned out of existance in the next Generation (no Star Trek pun intended)

Lee Jin Tyz

TWIZZLE TYZ my nick is live
    Years
    i thought it looked like a ram that got a nice belt when it got animated. i dont think it is good enough to be a god though.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Unlike almost every other person in this thread, I thought arceus wasn't all that bad.

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
    I believe when I first saw it on Serebii.net, I thought something like "Wow, the god of all Pokemon. It's the strongest of all." I did think it was really odd looking, but I shrugged it off.

Back