• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your favorite remake?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The remakes I played I like for different reasons. That makes it hard to pick one over the others. It doesn't help that there are always some drawbacks.

I like FRLG for the simplicity but it handles the national dex rather poorly (e.g. friendship evolution). I like HGSS for the nice graphics and updated game mechanics but I hate it for how sluggish it is. I like ORAS for all the updates it brought to the old gen 3 games but the postgame was kinda meh, putting legendaries behind random portals, teasing people with the battle facilities thing, the lack of character customization, etc.

I haven't played the others but they seem rather divisive.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    In terms of main series, either HGSS or ORAS. Both have plenty of great aspects, but also some shortcomings (HGSS not really fixing my problems with Johto and ORAS excluding some noteworthy Emerald content like gym rematch's and Battle Frontier).

However, if I can include content outside the main series, Rescue Team DX is my favorite remake. I feel it's able to retrain the appeal of the original, while modernizing and fixing a lot of the original's weaker aspects.

Days
  • The generation 2 remakes. HGSS basically took all three Gen 2 games and smashed them together into a perfect balance whilst also adding new bells and whistles to make the experience better.

Back