• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first anime?

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
  • When you were young what was your very first anime show that you watched or played. And give a reason why that was your very first anime show you chose to watch or play. [if] you remember why though.
    If not you don't have to give a reason.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I believe it was Sailor Moon. Reason being it was the first thing on TV when I woke up in the morning before going to school. Hardly remember anything from it these days though lol.

Years
  • I think it was Ranma ½, but it might have been Sailor Moon or Fushigi Yuugi. A friend had copies of all of those and I'd go to her house to watch 'em. Actually, it could have been a lot of things. I really don't remember.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Probably Dragonball Z, though I didn't like it initially (and stopped liking it after a while). After that, there was Pokemon, then Outlaw Star, and then "Cardcaptors," which despite having one of the worst localizations in history, still managed to be entertaining to me when I was young (though I must stress this is ONLY because the source material is so absolutely wonderful; Cardcaptor Sakura is, by far, my favorite anime, and what they did to it with the dub is unforgivable). After that, I stopped watching for a while when I went into my "cartoons are for kids" phase, though.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • I have come to recall only a cute little anime called Sailor Moon or some other feminine anime. That is probably the first anime I have ever seen, mainly because I do not recall anything other than cute school girls... Maybe it was Weddding Peach...

Don't call me a pervert, my older sister was the one who had control over the TV.

mukkamukka

Elite Four Champion
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    I believe my one was pokemon because that was the first movie that i remember watching as a little kid. Ever since that movie io just love watching, reading and playing pokemon

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I can't quite remember... I know it wasn't Pokémon. It might have been Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball Z, back when I had no clue wtf Anime even was. lol

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I never really got into Dragon Ball Z or any of their franchise.

The first anime I watched though was Sailor Moon, back when it was good and only had the first 5 characters in it. Only because I was about 6 or 7 and it was the first thing on TV back then.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pokemon or the butchered "Cardcaptors" on Kids WB on Saturday. Because it was on TV on Saturday morning.

My first "serious" anime: Ah! My Goddess. DVD impulse buy at Wal-Mart. I actually bought vol. 3 first because that was the only one they had in the store at the time.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I'm pretty sure it'd have to be Doraemon, though it was in Chinese.

The first anime I became aware of being an anime was "Cardcaptors" (stupid dub >>)

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • I Believe it was Dragon Ball Z But I Could Be wrong it was either it or Sailor Moon or I Can't remember the name of it but it was a very good show

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • ...oh, Pokemon, why did you have to take the place as my first anime?! (Not that I hate it, I just hoped it was another anime...)
    Then again, maybe it was Dragonball Z... I remember watching it and totally not understanding what it was about... XDDDD

My first serious anime, AFTER knowing what an anime was, was... POKEMON AGAIN?! *headdesk*

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • Uh, either Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura; I can't remember which one I watched first. They were usually on after I had school, and I found it them a bit more interesting than most of the other children's programmes that were on. ( =3=) After I learned what anime was, my first serious anime was Katekyo Hitman REBORN!.

Back