• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first anime?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The first anime I watched was the English dub of Cardcaptor Sakura (or 'Cardcaptors', for some pointless reason they changed the name); the first I watched knowing what anime is was Rozen Maiden.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Pokemon Pokemon Pokemon

I think....
    I also remember liking sailor moon when i was little but i think pokemon was first
    ..i think

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Pokemon, for I had already played the game, I believe...

When I properly got into anime as anime, not just Pokemon (and Yu-Gi-Oh for a short period of time), my first anime was Death Note, because my friend introduced me to it. (Ironically, I went on to finish the anime and start reading the manga and she gave up watching it XD).

xX

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pokemon for me, after that I became obsessed with Anime.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Probably Pokemon. I LOVED pokemon when I was young.
    And I still do...I'm just not obsessive about it, and I am capable of talking about other things. Back then that was all I would talk about. @.@

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Pokemon for me. I think I had seen a couple episodes of Sailor Moon before that, but I never really watched it so I don't think it counts.

PhoenixChild

The returned.>:P
    Years
  • My first anime started waaay back. When I was like 6 years old. My brother and I would watch Dragon Ball Z every Saturday at Toonami. Good times. I miss Toonami and Dragon Ball Z. Pokemon was my second too.
    I don't know how I was re-introduced. Wait, I do. I remember being 9 years old, being introduced to Naruto, liked it for a bit, but then the Chunin Exams came up and I hated the boredom. I stopped watching, and one day I was drawing a Sasuke chibi, my friend was like, "Is that a chibi? An anime drawing?" and I was like, "Anime? What's that?" And my friend told me a bunch of stuff, got interested and started watching Death Note, Bleach, Inuyasha ect.

Years
  • Hmm... It depends.

If it's first anime epsiode and/or clip of viewing, then possibly Sailor Moon... I remember for some reason we had a movie of that somewhere...

But if we're talking about seriously watching the anime, then Zatch Bell/Konjiki no Gash Bell! since I saw a few episodes when it first come out in America, I was reminded of it like a year or two afterwards, and since youtube had no episodes in dubbed, I was brought into the world of subbed. And since then, all I'll watch is subbed.

Back