• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What was your in game team

t0gekiss

I don't remember the moves off the top of my head, but here's my team anyway:
Greninja
Garchomp
Gardevior
Jolteon
Lucario
Charizard

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 18, 2019
"Ember" the Delphox
"Layla" the Charizard
Talonflame
"Liu" the Lucario
"Aura" the Aurorus
"Lights" the Xerneas

Sirfetch’d

My first Kalos team? Man, that was so long ago that I can barely remember. I am not 100% sure but I think it was something like:

Chesnaught
Blastoise
Vivillon
Aurorus

...and two more I don't remember 8D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
My team now is

Jolteon volt absorb
Plusle lightningrod
Minun volt absorb
Helioptile dry skin
Lanturn volt absorb

Electrify with helio than volt switch into plusle to get Special Attack boosts then spam discharge. Volt switch to lanturn if something needs to be soaked.

Spam discharge in double / triple battles is awesome too

Years
This was my team, good times :)

Greninja
Charizard
Flygon
Salamence
Lucario
Absol

This team was super fun to play with and is one of my favourites of all time :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
This time around, it was:
-Raichu named LAUREN (from a wondertrade!)
-Greninja named Freddo
-Hydreigon named Sweetie who was the most infuriating thing to train, and pretty useless :(
-Talonflame from a trade!
-Furfrou named Muffin
-Gogoat named Petal

It was a pretty terrible team to be honest, I'm really not good at finding a way to balance the types and stuff so I never had the right types to take on anything.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Just started my first play-through a few days ago. My team is:

Greninja - nickname: Dynamo
Pikachu - nickname: Thundora
Lapras - nickname: Lokey
Venasaur - nickname: Mikey
Talonflame - nickname: Hazel
Lucario - nickname: Graham

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 19, 2020
My team is:

Butterfree
Gengar
Poliwrath
Microwave Rotom
Muk

I never did pick a sixth pokemon.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
Years
From what I can remember 3 years ago:

- Greninja (loved it's design when it came out, didn't know anything about protean)
- Charizard (gotta get that mega charizard x :D)
- Lucario (given to you ingame, mega was cool)
- Heliolisk (needed an eletric or grass type, it was new so I used it)
- Aurorus (given to you ingame, looked like a rainbow dash so I used it :D)
- Mawile (favorite Pokemon)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
My team changed since I posted last. The team I ended up using to beat the Elite 4:

Staraptor (Nickname: Pontius)

Love this guy. I had planned to keep Talonflame as my designated bird/flying Pokemon because it had Fire as a secondary typing which on paper makes it a little more useful than Staraptor's Flying/Normal typing, but I just couldn't help myself. Staraptor is my favorite bird Pokemon and as soon as I caught a Staravia I just had to put it on my team.

Pyroar, Male (Nickname: Nigel)

Not the most effective Fire type, but I needed/wanted a fire type on my team after I gave up on Talonflame and Gen 6 doesn't actually have a lot of fire types available in the early stages of the game, so I went with Litleo/Pyroar

Lucario (Nickname: Graham)

Love this guy. He has an impressive list of moves with no repeating types, which isn't always a good thing but for him I find it works. His move list includes: Aura Sphere (Fighting), Flash Cannon (Steel), Extreme Speed (Normal) and Earthquake (Ground).

Lapras (Nickname: Lokey)

I had never used one before during a playthrough, and really fell in love with it. It has great HP, is a duel water/ice typing (one of my favorite typings) and became my regular Dragon slayer once it learned Ice Beam <3

Raichu (Nickname: Thundora)
imgurl
I adore this little guy <3. I've never used a Pikachu since my first playthrough of Pokemon Yellow like 18 years ago, so I was excited to capture one as early as I did in this game.

Drapion (Nickname: Ivy)

This one is kind of a random choice, but I needed a poison type to help take out all the Fairy Pokemon in Valerie's gym. I had Venasaur but he had more grass moves than Poison. I also liked the fact that Drapion could learn False Swipe because that move comes in handy when you are trying to catch lower leveled and/or legendary Pokemon, so yeah.

Years
My team was:

- Blaziken (I switched my Fennekin with the event Torchic)
- Goodra (Got from WT, fell in love)
- Aegislash
- Aerodactyl
- Auroras
- Blastoise

I loved this team a lot. I learned who my new favorite Pokemon was (Goodra), it was the first time I have gotten a team member to lvl 100 (Blaziken and Goodra), and it is the oldest team that I still have to date!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 22, 2017
-Delphox
-Talonflame
-Tyrantrum
-Lucario
-Xerneas
-Blastoise

Im bored and i decided to buy Y even though x was only impressive in that it was the first 3D pokemon. I think ill try to stick to non legendaries and pokemon from the x/y generation. The game was too easy with even 1 legendary tbh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
I was so proud of Zi Ming when he swept Drasna, despite sustaining multiple Thunderbolt attacks

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Can finally answer this!

Had a rotating team throughout much of the game but slowly some of the Pokémon started dropping off so I dropped them from the team. Shout-out to Eevee, Gloom, Beedrill, Goomy and Meowstic for being with me for a big chunk of my journey (some bigger than others).

The final team I ended with was:

diggersby.gif
vivillon-river.gif
barbaracle.gif
malamar.gif
dedenne.gif
chesnaught.gif

Lola ~ Matilda ~ Sheldon ~ Pearl ~ Cuddles ~ Chester​

Solid team! Was missing out on a lot of coverage but a good team overall 8) Dedenne and Malamar were a lot of fun to use, and Vivillon too was surprisingly good (though it wasn't very useful in the E4). Would've loved to have a Noivern in the team is Noibat wasn't found so late ;;

Back