• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What We've Learned from Pokémon

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
    This is a fun little game I've seen on quite a few forums. So why not restart it here?

Basically, just post all the ridiculous things that you've 'learned' from the Pokémon games and their strange world. Example:

I've learned that:

- I can only move in four basic directions.
    - I can't run in buildings until the fourth generation of my life.
    - No matter how many times I talk to someone, they will always tell me the same thing.
    - My bag can hold an unlimited amount of items, plus a folding bike, and it will never get any bigger. I will also never get crushed from the weight.
    - A Pokémon 1/3 of your size can Fly me across the region.

Your turn.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ive learned that if you walk into a building, you will never stop walking into the wall. If you keep holding the button, he will always look like he is walking... I hope you get me

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ive learnt two things:

People seem to be really stupid in the pokemon universe, because they sure do drop lots of stuff

And parents let their children off into the forest to live their own lives at 10 years old, not caring if they get sick or get eaten by a wild Arcanine (dont judge me that was the first thing that popped into my head)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    I learned that you can take a persons pokemon and use it, and they will let you keep it.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ive learnt that a 10 year old boy has the capability of being able to destroy evil organizations and save the world

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    I LOVE THESE!

I've learned that...
    1) Japan contains many unique and magical creatures that cannot be found elsewhere... almost 500 of them in fact.
    2) Candy Bars CAN heal wounds, but barely.
    3) Drinking sweet, sugary drinks IS good for you.
    4) If someone had been knocked unconscious, you need only press a gemstone to them, and that that gemstone's revival powers only work once.
    5) Moon rocks make certain beings shapeshift permanently.
    6) You actually don't need bait to catch a fish; you can leave that oh-so-familiar-looking red and white ball on your line and catch things with that.
    7) Bikes are more expensive than cars. I mean, RLY expensive.
    8) If you talk to old men who catch little hairy larva, strange things will happen if you swim close to a beach's coast.
    9) While the forces of darkness can stop a mystical person in its tracks, it holds no power over a martial arts expert.
    10) Radioactive rocks in general can make creatures evolve into higher forms of life instead of, say, giving them cancer.

miharuzee

*zoning out*
    Years
    I learned:
    -that walking into someone's line of sight means you MUST battle them.
    -that your opponents are unable to physically beat you up and must use their super-powered animals to fight you.
    -that a tiny turtle can transport me across the ocean.
    -that it's perfectly fine for 10-year-olds to travel the continent alone and unsupervised.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I've learned that:
    -If you ride your bike fast enough and erratically enough in a certain city, you can cause entire sections of a city to mysteriously disappear without anyone caring [D/P tweaking]
    -Certain wannabe-furries like to try to beat you up with yellow rats that faint when in contact with mud [Poké Kids, Mud Slap. I mean no offense to furries]
    -It's possible to dive underwater for hours on end without any source of oxygen [Dive from R/S/E]
    -When the world is in imminent danger from two deities battling in a hollowed out volcano in the middle of an ocean, and the world is in danger of flooding, no one tries to do anything to stop them [Apathetic Citizens

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    I've learned that until I get a pokemon, I am bound to one town that only has three buildings

Also, I have learned...

placing rocks in just the right order almost always makes something dramatic happen
    no one seems to notice or care if you pull out a pokemon people only hear about in legends in battle
    All pokemon in a certain species are the same size and weight. always.
    Guys on guard only drink tea.
    There is always someone to hand you something for free
    eating candy makes you stronger.
    Day care people don't care if you don't have the money to pay them, they will keep your pokemon until you do
    whenever someone doesn't feel like doing something, they hand it off to you
    fossiles CAN be brought back to life!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    I've learned that swiming on the east end of an island will mess up your life. (Life being game.)

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
    I've learned that humans don't need to
    -eat
    -drink liquid
    -rest or sleep
    -change their clothes (they don't need to, but they would smell)
    -be literate (sure, there is a pokemon school, but they only learn about pokemon! What happened to Math, Reading, Science, etc.)

Back