• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What will be your Team in Platinum??

Platinum Team

Hi all! What is going to be your team for pokemon Platinum? I thought since I have to wait till past the 30th of March, (I am Australian but getting a Platinum Imported from America) I decided, I am going to make my team just pokemon, no moves or natures or whatsoever! I have thought something really awesome to do, is to make all of my party Shiny, (Trade from Diamond to Platinum) this is my completely finished Team.

Shiny Rapidash

Shiny Victreebel

Shiny Ferilagtr

Shiny Gorebyss

Shiny Lucario

Shiny Weavile (???) dont know yet, but maybe :)

I have changed and Spiced up my team a bit >:D

And this is all I have decided right now, I am doing this, by chaining the shinies, and whenever the lvls are matched to the CPU's in-game, I will start to use them, obviously my starter is going to be Totodile.

Post your teams :)

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    If I had to have any team when I get Platinum, It would be these pokemon.

Crobat

Wormadam

Octillery

I know its 3 pokemon, but I think they're alright and haven't figured out the others yet.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    I've been breeding to get moves and IV's for my Platinum team. This time around, I decided to personalize it a little though.
    Eevee (Portray my dog, Pepper)
    Growlithe (Portray my dog, Bucky)
    Chatot (Portray my parrot, Paco)

I also picked three other pokemon that I like.
    Piplup (Starter, never played a game without the starter)
    Pichu (Wanted to play through with a Pikachu)
    Chikorita (Always been one of my favorite pokemon, after Eevee)

:)

Shining Platinum

Lovin' Kallen till I die!
    Years
    Empoleon

Giratina(Origin)

Raichu

Weavile(Or Glaceon)

Leafeon

Rhydon(Or Hippowdown,Or Dragon)

My Dream team

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I plan on starting with Turtwig, trading over level 1-5 Pidgey and Gastly eventually catching Rotom before I beat the second gym. Then I'll see what else I want in my team.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Here's what I think my team will consist of:

-Torterra (Starter)
    -Empoleon- I'm planning on trading it to my Platinum
    -Infernape- See above
    -Luxray- Somehow ends up in all of my teams
    -Starapter- See above
    -Giratina (Origin forme)-Probably the coolest looking legendary (In my opinion)

Probably my best team yet.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Well, I planned my Platinum team at the same time I planned my Diamond and Pearl teams, about two months ago. I'm going to start with a Chimchar, (because I started with Piplup in Pearl and Turtwig in Diamond) and I'm going to catch a Buizel and a Scyther early on to help me in the game..going to catch an Electabuzz in Diamond and breed for an Elekid egg, which I'll trade over to Platinum before I go to the 2nd Gym, and I'll probably also breed for a Trapinch egg to so I can nab me a Flygon. To round off my team is a Sneasel, which I'll most likely catch before Snowpoint City as a late addition to the team.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Oh I hadn't thought of that .. But I guess when I get Platinum I'll start with Chimchar and just trade my essentials like a good synchronizer and/or catcher in case I stumble upon a shiny.

Other than that just play along and not really training anything because the vs. battle's given EPs usually suck .

PirateMetalTroy

Total N00b
    Years
    Hi all! What is going to be your team for pokemon Platinum? I thought since I have to wait till past the 30th of March, (I am Australian but getting a Platinum Imported from America) I decided, I am going to make my team just pokemon, no moves or natures or whatsoever! I have thought something really awesome to do, is to make all of my party Shiny, (Trade from Diamond to Platinum) however, I am only trading pokemon that you can get in-game, this is my completely finished Team.

Shiny Kricketune

Shiny Altaria

Shiny Ferilagtr

Shiny Raichu

Shiny Honchkrow

And this is all I have decided right now, I am doing this, by chaining the shinies, and whenever the lvls are matched to the CPU's in-game, I will start to use them, obviously my starter is going to be Totodile.

Post your teams :)

How do you plan to have totodile as your starter? is there something about platinum i totally missed here?

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
    Cheating is completely pointless. That will spoil Pokemon for you. Anybody can do that.

Anyway,
    milotic
    gyarados
    giratina
    palkia
    ponyta
    then anything else, but i will definately migrate my Charizard and possibly my Shiny Pelipper lol, but pelipper is crap.

kakarotto

~w0w
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I played some time in japan version, before last trainer i had:
    Gyarados
    Infernape
    Gallade
    Lucario ( I always get him, becouse he is my best pokemon;])
    Togekiss
    Garchomp

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    He dosnet have to cheat to get tododile u can just sent a unhacted egg to game if u have to ds u just go the union room and trade it

Umm and yeah my team

Torterra
    Swinub
    charmander
    Elekid

Not sure the rest probably a buziel

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
    You mean Pal Park?
    And the fact that all of his pokemon are shinys?
    I think all the times I've played pokemon.
    I've only seen
    Shinny Rhyhorn - Silver

Shinny Bagon - Ruby
    Shinny Zigzagoon - Ruby

Thats about it.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I have this team:
    Torterra
    Magmortar
    Floatzel
    Electivire
    Gallade
    Garchomp
    ^That is about it, I don't use TMs in-game, I don't care what Nature and IVs I get, and I don't EV them. I also don't what Ability they get, I only use level up moves for in-game, and HMs. I also don't use HM slaves, they limit the varity of Pokemon you can have.
    My Side Pokemon (catching Legendaries, Nature passing to the Legendary, and a Flyer)
    Starly *My Flyer and De Foger*
    Kricketune *My False Swiper and Sleep Inducer to catch Legendaries*
    Abra(s) *A bunch of Abra(s) to pass Natures to Legends*

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
    in fact i might go for something completely different like:

Gastly
    Charizard
    Pidgeot
    Swellow
    Rayquaza
    Scyther

their my favorite pokemon but i never had em in a team before. Scyther is good for catching legends cuz false swipe leaves em with 1 HP then use Yawn --->Ultra ball ----> you caught Rayquaza. Bingo.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I love Gen 1 so I'm probably going to compile something full of those guys. I don't know how good this team would be, if at all, but these are my favorite Pokemon:

Pidgeot
    Heracross
    Gyrados
    Pikachu
    Blastoise
    Rhydon

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    You mean Pal Park?
    I've only seen
    Shinny Rhyhorn - Silver
    Shinny Bagon - Ruby
    Shinny Zigzagoon - Ruby

Thats about it.

If the do u mean me is for pal park NO i mean the union room u can trade eggs in there and when they hatch their number would just be ??? until u get the national Dex. But i do find it werid about the shinney

*cough* ROM *cough* Gameshark *cough*

No, actually I am going to trade for one. Think maybe? that would be a better thing to do, I don't have an R4, AR or Gameshark, I don't hack, it completely ruins the game (for people that wanna have fun) So, no i won't actually. Also its spelt cough, there I fixed it

You mean Pal Park?
    I've only seen
    Shinny Rhyhorn - Silver

Shinny Bagon - Ruby
    Shinny Zigzagoon - Ruby

Thats about it.

Do you read everything I post? CHAIN! read! ffs

Last edited:
    Back