• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would happen if Pokemon Adventures becomes a VG?

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Knight
Years
  • Hello, everyone. This is my first time here. I've been reading a lot of Pokemon Adventure manga chapters and all volumes from 1-38.
    I'm surprised to know that Pokemon Adventures is based off from every Pokemon Game from Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow to Black and White.

But I've been thinking since someday in the future, I'm going to be a Game Designer. Here's a question for everyone Manga fans of Pokemon Adventures/Special. What would happen if Pokemon Adventures becomes a Video Game? All the stories from Pokemon Adventures come to live, but not on a Gameboy system to DS systems, but on a Wii?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What kind of game would it be? Would it be like a RPG based on the universe presented in the manga, with the things that sets it apart from the anime and game universes? Or would it be a pretty linear adventure game where you let the manga storyline unfold?

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Knight
    Years
  • Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers wrote:
    What kind of game would it be? Would it be like a RPG based on the universe presented in the manga, with the things that sets it apart from the anime and game universes? Or would it be a pretty linear adventure game where you let the manga storyline unfold?

Good questions.
    #1 It's an Action-Role Playing game with many Genres. The game is based off from Pokemon Adventure series.
    #2 It's kind of an RPG game, but that's if the player wants to set the battle mode from Action to RPG. It would be like the real anime and game itself, but for this option, players can play as the playable Poke Dex characters in story mode, or play Battle mode for all characters with Poke Dex Holders, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champion, Team Rocket, Magma Leader, Aqua Leader, Commanders, etc.
    #3 Just that option.
    I haven't made it because it won't be made as an RPG Rom Hack, no. That's too far. It will be on the Wii. What do you think?

Reiyu

Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • i think it would be pretty fun we would be able to see Red on his travels up to when he runs into Yellow and what happens in Gold and Silver and Emerald! X3

Oharo

̣
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I think it'd be awesome. Pokemon battles would be more 'real-time' like Final Fantasy battles I can imagine. Seeing as both players and pokemon are actually damaged in battles, I can see the player actually moving around to dodge attacks and contributing to the battle instead of just hiding behind the pokemon and giving instructions.

Environmental factors will be included too, like when Ruby fought his Dad. I think the game would be awesome, albeit a little difficult to make. The story may seem a little linear too.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Knight
    Years
  • Reiyu originally wrote:
    i think it would be pretty fun we would be able to see Red on his travels up to when he runs into Yellow and what happens in Gold and Silver and Emerald! X3

Don't forget. You not only play as the characters originally from the game like Red, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Plantina, Black, and White, you get to see their the Poke Dex holders' side of their stories.
    It would be very interesting to see Green's (boy) side of the story. Same thing with Blue (girl), and Silver.

Oharo originally wrote:
    I think it'd be awesome. Pokemon battles would be more 'real-time' like Final Fantasy battles I can imagine. Seeing as both players and pokemon are actually damaged in battles, I can see the player actually moving around to dodge attacks and contributing to the battle instead of just hiding behind the pokemon and giving instructions.

Environmental factors will be included too, like when Ruby fought his Dad. I think the game would be awesome, albeit a little difficult to make. The story may seem a little linear too.

Finally! Someone I can relate to. That will be epic to finally avoid the attacks on time, but with the Final Fantasy, there's no need to use ATB or TBB. You get to control not only the characters but also the trainer's Pokemon. This performance will synchronize both Pokemon and Trainer together like Contact Sensitive.

If I get through college and make a studio, then I shall make Pokemon: Adventure Chronicles. It will be a hell lot of work, a lot of Manga reading, and information data.

Check out these examples on each characters adventure genre:
    Red (Action-Role Playing)
    Green (Beat 'em up)
    Blue (Stealth)
    Yellow (Speed & Platform)
    Gold (Action-Role Playing & Beat 'em up)
    Silver (Stealth & Beat 'em up)
    Crystal (Speed, Platform, and Scavenger Hunt)
    Ruby (Speed, Platform, & Stealth)
    Sapphire (Platform & Beat 'em up)
    Emerald (Action-Role Playing, Beat 'em up, & Speed)
    Diamond (Action-Role Playing & Cooking)
    Pearl (Beat 'em up)
    Platinum (Action-Role Playing)

I forgot the rest.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Maybe it could have a battle system like Kingdom Hearts or PokePark Wii. Well in the case of Pokepark, probably a bit harder.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Knight
    Years
  • Shadowyoshi originally wrote:
    Maybe it could have a battle system like Kingdom Hearts or PokePark Wii. Well in the case of Pokepark, probably a bit harder.

True, but let's not steal their ideas.

There will have to be Wild Battles, Trainer Battles, Gym Leader Battles, Elite & Champion Battles, Team Rocket Battles, and Legendary Battles.
    This shall be a move around type giving the players to dodge, block, move, jump, climb, fly, and glide. I will have to set up battle commands.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'd buy 7 copies if someone could pull it off, but it seems ridiculous to actually get the overall concept and gameplay.

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • meh Why change the formula that has work for 15 years? Still if the game is good I will play it. But to do that game first you need to be in the top so work hard and pray that the Japanese game industry doesn't fall to the west. XD

Back