• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would it be like if pokemon were real(revived twice)

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    So heres the 2nd revival thread of "What would it be like if pokemon were real"
    My opinion, WOOT! FUN SCHOOL! THAT ENDS WHEN YOUR 10!
    But also new pokemon would be discovered quicker.
    Also when the world ends(ages in the future) Arceus would save us, am I right? Also stars would be like staryu and and starmie
    But there would be more obvious ways to start war with pokemon on your side, but there would also be less global warming, instead of using planes, usepidgeots or charizards XD, and instead of dumping our rubbish everywhere we could get a fire pokemon to burn it XD!

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    The end of the world. People would abuse their powers in terrorist organizations, in war, and in crime. The governments would harrass the Pokemon with experiments and stuff until they were pushed too far.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • ^ ^ ^

Bad idea on the Fire Pokemon burning trash. Instead get a Swalot to eat it. I wouldn't neccesarily think it would be a good idea for there to be real Pokemon. We would probably use them for war, and poach certain Pokemon. Also Satoshi Tajiri would be questioned as to why and how he found out about them before everybody else. The publicity would be too much and he'd kill himself. Burglary would be a highly common occurence with Ghost Pokemon. Murder would be simple. Money would be duplicated with Pay-Day. Most of society (not all, but most) would collapse in a single week...

EDIT: Crap, my computer is slow.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    yeah get a swalot that would be awesome!
    but practically there would be only 1 country :/
    since Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh are all real places in Japan, until Nintendo take off a region from another country and then a new place would be discovered LOL. so really on a few people would be alive XD if we're living only in Japan

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
  • Well if you guys think about it, if Pokemon were REAL (Which to me is a scary thought). Society wouldn't anywhere NEAR what it is today. With Pokemon Technology would be far more advanced -- Not because of how the show or game is, because It's not only one species thinking together.

PayDay can be just like counter-fitting (I'm using the right words aren't I?) it would be outlawed. Having Ghost pokemon would be a license based breed. Murder would be much more prevented with advanced forms of Tech. Also maybe Humanity wouldn't be so far down the drain if our entire existence GREW with them. Government experiments would be plausible due to just human curiosity, and there would be new forms of Mental Illness I'm sure.

But rethinking society with Pokemon would be like rewriting a Romeo and Juliet in the future and the main stars being two guys taking over the world with their wives. It's beyond what I could think to be honest. (Not bashing any of you or anything)

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • 2012, but ends with evil pokemon that destroyes everything, kills everyone. But it could be fun if no one would abuse their powers of training pokemon.

Years
  • I hate threads like this. Everybody thinks the world would end. It wouldnt. If Pokemon existed, I imagine our world being like the anime. Pokemon are not savage creatures. If they just appeared one day, however, the government would shoot them down, seeing as they are aliens.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    First off, legendary Pokemon would be as legendary as they are made out in their descriptions of the games (sorry, no Zapdos for you). Second, concepts in Pokemon such as battling will not exist in America due to so many people claiming that it would be animal abuse (abeit while the action is entirely voulentary). Japan is the only nation that has the technology to create Pokeballs, so Japan would really be the only one participating in the Pokemon culture.

I could just imagine what a drive through an America inhabited by Pokemon would be like. Dozens of Starly perch on the electrical wires, Murkrow fight for mates, Tauros, Miltank, Ponyta, Rapidash, and Mareep grazing on ranches... It wouldn't be much different from the world we live in now.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    It's human nature. Those with evil intentions would use Pokemon for evil deeds. And with all of the power Pokemon have, we all know how much damage will be dealt.

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
  • Think of Cynthia and other Champions. Terrorists would be as weak as Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic, and Team Black/White to them if they came alive. And anyways, if Pokemon were real, the world woul either adapt or die. Hopefully adapt.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    i would defeat team rocket easy if i have the team i have on ss.
    WOOP WOOP

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Actually, I would disagree with the apocalyptic predictions of the previous posters.

If we were to assume that Pokémon have evolved alongside the human species ever since the dawn of time- I'd say that the world would be in a much better state nowadays than it is currently. Humanity has only managed to dominate the planet since it has developed tools and weapons, and consequently expanded and multiplied at a much quicker pace than the rest of the species could cope with, and thus we displaced and exterminated a great number of them.

However, if Pokémon were around, they would handicap this advantage- since many Pokémon possess power far beyond the capabilities of humans to counter with. So rather than being at the top of the food chain- we'd be somewhere in the middle, since the more powerful Pokémon would be able to keep us in check.

The reason why Pokémon wouldn't wipe out the planet themselves is because rather than relying on tools and technology, they still fend for themselves in a natural fashion- complementary with their respective ecosystems. There cannot be an absolute dominating force, since there is always an equal and opposite deterrent. Also- the overwhelmingly god-like Pokémon are more-often-than-not just a singular entity- unable to breed and overpopulate its area.

Conversely, if we're talking about a situation where they just all of a sudden just showed up, then- yeah- we're all massively screwed. XD

My two cents upon the matter.

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
  • Wow, Finally I'm on a forum where half the people actually see me eye to eye. I don't understand why 'End of the World' comes up in everything -- Human Nature would be different with a complete different WORLD to back it.

I personally think the world would be a much grander place -- Of course you'll still have bad people and good people but -- Why does the world have to go Post-Apoc for the idea.

I love this Forum.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • don't worry guys, i'll come to save everyone by uniting all pokemon and humans. i will create world peace because i am the chosen one

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    wow theres a lot of spam here.
    imagine school
    bullies vs nerds
    nerds would win due to learning to much strategies with pokemon

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Think of Cynthia and other Champions. Terrorists would be as weak as Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic, and Team Black/White to them if they came alive. And anyways, if Pokemon were real, the world woul either adapt or die. Hopefully adapt.
    This is real life, not a game. Villains don't back off just cause you beat them in cockfighting. After that, they pull out a weapon and rape/kill you.

PokemonTrainerd

Trainerd
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2014
    Well if you guys think about it, if Pokemon were REAL (Which to me is a scary thought). Society wouldn't anywhere NEAR what it is today. With Pokemon Technology would be far more advanced -- Not because of how the show or game is, because It's not only one species thinking together.

PayDay can be just like counter-fitting (I'm using the right words aren't I?) it would be outlawed. Having Ghost pokemon would be a license based breed. Murder would be much more prevented with advanced forms of Tech. Also maybe Humanity wouldn't be so far down the drain if our entire existence GREW with them. Government experiments would be plausible due to just human curiosity, and there would be new forms of Mental Illness I'm sure.

But rethinking society with Pokemon would be like rewriting a Romeo and Juliet in the future and the main stars being two guys taking over the world with their wives. It's beyond what I could think to be honest. (Not bashing any of you or anything)

I completely agree. Although it would be kinda cool to have pokemon (As long as things were strictly controlled, of course.)

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years

• It would be a lot harder to scare kids for their lunches

What's with the the apocalypse fetishes? I'd assume people would adapt

Pokémon vs. Humans = Battleship vs. Small Village

The world in its current state simply cannot support everybody, and even with intense military action, the majority of Pokémon are simply too powerful. Machamps can derail trains with a single punch, Alakazams far outstrip our most powerful supercomputers, Magnetons can disrupt any and all technology. And these are just regular Pokémon- Legendaries can and will simply eliminate us.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Actually the world in its current state could support everybody, but I don't want to get into that debate.

That's assuming pokemon are hostile, which according to the games themselves is not true. Most of the time.

Since we seem to assume the worst ITT, I'd assume by your logic a MAD situation which would result in no winner obviously. With Nuclear armaments, biological weapons, and nerve agents that kill every living thing they come into contact with I don't think people will go that easily.

Not with mass habitat destruction and overconsumption by first-world societies. Never mind the massive influx of a glabal-scale Pokémon population in addition to all the living creatures already here.

And- no- Pokémon are not portryed as hostile creatures- but they would need to compete with the pre-existing wildlife (and- consequently- us) for aforementioned food and territory.

Like I said, the only way it would work is if Pokémon have been there from the very start. If they just pop up outta nowhere, we also need to take into account the reactions from people who are not familiar with them. Again, as stated, these are immensely powerful creatures that we're dealing with here. You can't tell me that people are going to be wary (at the very least) around their new neighbours. If a Raticate smells grain in some farm's silo, it ain't gonna knock on the door and ask for it.

Also- never mind how long it would take for us to invent Pokéball technology. If Pokémon show up, they're all gonna be wild ones.

As for countermeasures, nukes and biochemical weapons are out right off the bat. No one's gonna be dumb enough to blast away half the countryside to get rid of these creatures. Those would invariably be an ultimate desperation maneuver, since those weapons do not discriminate. Conventional arms would only be effective against certain species. Any ghost-type is basically invulnerable to anything we got, and the numerous species with a shell, rock or steel skin are not going down unless we deploy the big guns. Keep in mind that they're more than apt to defend themselves.

This may all sound horribly pessimistic- but the chances of any good coming out of it are incredibly slim. If anything, the best Pokémon to introduce into the world would have to begin with Swalots, Muks, and Shaymins to start soaking up our pollution. Followed by Castforms or the Dragon trio to help regulate the weather and maximize production of agricultural lands by rerouting storms and eliminating drought. If various species were to get introduced slowly, indiscreetly, and strategically- things just might work out.

Back