• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you do with my collections, and what is it worth?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I'm not sure what to do with my collection, I want to sell some cards but only if I get a good amount for them... What would you do with my collection in order to sell them, would you sell ex's individually and bundle commons together? or build decks and sell them like that?

I have attached 24 pictures of my collection, although the pictures don't do justice to how many cards there actually is (2000 last time I checked)
    the pictures are taken of some of my favourite pages from my 3 folders.
    Note that there is over 90 pages, each with 2 sides, 9 slots to a side, and most of them are filled with multiple duplicates (sometimes up to 13 cards in a single slot)

Do any stand out as being exceptionally valuable?

If you want me to take a close-up picture of any card to show quality ect. let me know :).

Last edited:

Buu

Rocket Executive
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Its a nice collection however it is all from different sets

Well thanks :) and as mentioned in my first post, there's many duplicates of each Pokemon. The card in front is normally just the one I liked the artwork of the most, so I probably do have a complete set or two of something. The majority of my cards are EX sandstorm, Jungle and the original team rocket set, so I might try and put together a complete set later today.

I do have a few first edition base set cards, off the top of my head I remember I have a holo scyther... But unfortunately I don't think any of my cards would be considered "perfect condition" maybe 8/10 maximum

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    so I might try and put together a complete set later today.

I could't quite make any complete sets, so how do you suggest I group them?
    I have a few pre-made decks that came in tins, should I sell them as whole decks or just take the holos out and sell them separately?

Years
  • I could't quite make any complete sets, so how do you suggest I group them?
    I have a few pre-made decks that came in tins, should I sell them as whole decks or just take the holos out and sell them separately?

Group the pre-constructed decks together. The holos from the theme decks don't have enough worth to be sold separately.

Tin holos that were from tins with booster packs might have some worth on their own, but a lot of those are just Promos and are best bundled with other Promos for more cost effective selling.

Back