• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What'd you name your rival?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I've had lots of files in the GSC games. In my latest one, I called my rival Gold because I was playing Silver Version. I can't remember any of the other ones. Except for the one time where I named him ?????.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I either name mine Gary, after the original rival, Andrew, which is my little brother's name, or I go with the game's default.

Though in Silver I named him ??? because I thought that is what the officer was looking for me to say. >>

Years
    Now that I look back this sounds kind of funny, but for Gold I named my rival 'Badguy' or something along those lines, highly fitting to match with my character's name 'Coolguy'. I was 8 so no explanation needed there. XD I can't remember what I named him in Crystal unfortunately. <_<

Slin

12 Shinys Owned?!?!
    Years
    It was Braulio...
    a friend of mine that played gold when I bought my crystal

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
    I remember that I always named my rival Casey after my cousin Casey, and she would always name her rival after me. xD

larkija33

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    In Blue and Yellow, I called him Dumbo and Poop.
    In Gold and Crystal, I called him ??? and John.
    In FR/LG, I called him Bob.
    In D/P, I called him Zack.

Don't ask!

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    I called him GOD but now I call all of the rivals GARY (Gary if I'm playing Diamond) and my character ASH (Ash if I'm playing Diamond).

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    I really don't know if I remember posting here or not....

But I always named my rival after either my little brother or Elder brother (the latter was when I got Pokemon Crystal and gave him my Pokemon Gold).

Yoshikin

Dragon Yoshi
    Years
    If I remember correctly... I think I called him Chris. Why Chris? He was my real life rival back in the day. Now it my buddy John. :3

I called my rival ??? once before. xD

Back