• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whatever happened to the old characters

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Lol, I actually really hated Misty and I was happy when she left. But I hated May, and I hate Dawn :/ Can they not have annoying female protagonists, please?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I've noticed a lot of people tend to hate Misty since she left, maybe that's why the writers don't show her anymore? I think Gary coming back for a few eps is proof he's still popular.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I missed Gary and Giovanni. :/ The way Team Rocket portrays Giovanni in Battle Frontier and D/P is so dumb.. D:

Last edited:

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    I missed Gary and Giovanni. :/ The way Team Rocket portrays Giovanni in Battle Frontier and D/P is so dumb.. D:

Yes I know, I saw the TR dreams... :P
    I also think they should have brought back Professor Oak, but at least Gary came back in D/P saga :D

Years
    I would like to see That fat Nosed proffesor Again like Ash sees him in oak's lab when he gets home and the Fat Nosed guy(with slowbro BTW) gives Ash the new Pokedex. Also Tracy would be cool to hear from.

I WANT NURSE JOY AND OFFICER JENNY BACK I HARDLY EVER SEE THEM

(Epsiode when Jessie gets Shellder)

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    But I hated May, and I hate Dawn :/ Can they not have annoying female protagonists, please?

Same. I actually thought Misty was annoying when she was there. But then I saw who they replaced her with... People twice as worse. -_- Didn't know how good I had it until they replace Misty with nubs. I probably never liked May or Dawn because I don't like dealing with noobs. I'd rather have a main character who comes in with experience than one who will say for example, "What's a Poke Ball?"

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, because both of them really asked that. The point of the new characters is to see them grow into better trainers, which is what happened with May, definatly. (even if she did have quite a few weird wins *Skitty*)

They've been happening since Johto

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    It was an example. ._. I know they didn't ask, but they both acted like the extreme noob in the beginning, as opposed to Misty, who at least knew what she was doing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I think it's good that they introduced some newbies actually. I like watching characters develop and seeing how much they change/better themselves. It's more interesting to me than characters who already know exactly what their doing. A protaganist should start off naive(as Ash did).

Marilyn

Music of the Night.
    Years
    I really miss Misty and even May too. May was such a girly girl, and I liked watching contests back then since they were a lot more original then those now. Dawn is a copy cat.

You know what doesn't make sense though; After every season, PIkachu somehow magically loses all his strength, and he has to start from scratch nearly. He got beaten by Paul, who was a freakin beginner!

Hissy Fit

Paranoia + Insomnia= Me
    Years
    According to a new Japanese episode title and the new Pokemon Snap game for the Wii, we may actually see Todd again. Everyone else we will see again, they're just not apart of the main cast.

Pokémon Snap for WII?!?! *explodes with joy*

Uh, anyway... I never liked May or ...Dawn... I DESPISE Dawn more than any other character that's ever appeared on the show. Even Tracey...
    As I watched the first episode of D/P and heard the phrase "what's a pokéball?!" My already not-so-positive opinion of the girl went from 'she's just a May clone' to 'Take off! Leave that inept moron in the forest!!!'

Speaking of forest ineptitude, the way she acted when discovered that she was having 'a bad hair day' made me wanna vomit... I can't stand girls who act like that...

Back