• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whatever happened to the old characters

Years
    Uh, Richie? Many fans complained that he was an Ash clone, thus he gets quite a bit of hate.

Dude i reckon Richie was Totally Awesome true he was alot like Ash but He gave his Pokemon Nicknames Ash did not give any nicknames i would also like to see Harrison, Misty, Kenta was cool and the girl what's her name again? Also Tracy should cross Ash and he should have a Scizor and Casey was cool

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    Old characters as in Misty, huh. Misty left and got replaced by a whore with blue hair. I think maybe some fans didn't like her, so they wanted a replacement. Be careful what you wish for. I predict Misty will come back at least once, and she'll have a Togekiss. >_>

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
    Misty got replaced by a blue whore...?

Misty left at the end of Johto, and then May came in. After time, May left at the end of Battle Frontier, and then we have Dawn, the girl with the blue hair. o__o

But anyways, I'm hoping some of the old characters get appearances again. I haven't been that interested in the anime since May/Drew/Harley/Max left. The anime become far too repetitive for my own taste now. But hell if someone like AJ, Misty [no Togekiss, Seadra is better >>], or anybody else came, I wouldn't complain one bit. :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Old characters as in Misty, huh. Misty left and got replaced by a whore with blue hair. I think maybe some fans didn't like her, so they wanted a replacement. Be careful what you wish for. I predict Misty will come back at least once, and she'll have a Togekiss. >_>

Whore? How so? o_0

It's unlikely she'll get Togekiss, it left her after it evolved into Togetic. I can't believe that happened, it was one of her coolest Pokemon. So unfair! T_T

Years
    Don't make me break out the censors, people. Heh.

At this point, I'd like certain Rockets, like Sebastian or Wendy to come back, or Bashou/Buson, as they look like they have a story to tell. Unfortunately, I'm so sick of the Rockets du jour being Butch and Cassidy after their myriad of Pokemon Sunday appearances.

And I already said on Homura and Izumi (Harlan and Isabel or Tabitha and Shelly), haven't I?

And Steelix? No worries, as you can't keep track of a bajillion episodes and every detail within. Like they say, "you can't spell analyze without anal." Hehe.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    Meh, that's what I figured for at least one of Misty's new Pokemon. Maybe she'll come back and so will Togetic for a short while. Doubt that though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Misty. She's such a popular character and some episodes have focused solely on her(Chronicles/Hoso) She also joined up with Ash, May, and Brock for a few episodes.

Even Tracey and Casey have made several appearances.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, they can't just not talk about her ever again. =\ It'd be like she disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Huh? She was mentioned in DP034 with her lure and was in a few episodes after the Hoenn league. We don't need to hear Ash say every episode "Hey, wasn't Misty great?" randomly while Team Rocket takes Pikachu haha. If anything, they should've mentioned May to Dawn by now

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Buizel Your Way Out Of This! The episode Dawn catches Buizel

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    She appeared in a recent special/movie I think, I just bought the Lucario movie and it says it includes a second bonus tenth anniversary special called "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon."

So even if we don't get a lot of her in the series, we can probably count on seeing her in future movies/specials.

I really hope May doesn't disappear forever. I haven't heard them speak of her since she left. Oh noes o_o

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
    Anyone could tell me What was the name of the Guy who want take pictures to articuno, remember anyone??.
    Well Obviosly I want Mysty and Gary back, they're really cool. Also I want to see Giovanni more often.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Anyone could tell me What was the name of the Guy who want take pictures to articuno, remember anyone??.

Todd! I remember him, he was pretty cool too. Reminds me of Pokemon Snap(am I the only one who loved that game?)

We haven't seen him a long time v_v

I miss Giovanni too. I can't remember the last time he showed his face.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Eh, the little kid with the Eevee in "The Battling Eevee Brothers".

Also, Todd did come back a few times, although he hasn't appeared since Johto. Not to mention Gary actually appears in the D/P saga in a later episode which will come out four weeks from now.

Really?! That's great! Anyone care to diverge which D/P episodes he comes out in so I can keep an eye out for him??

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    The writers hardly bring up Misty anymore because she's such an old character now. Why would they bring up a character who hasn't been around since Johto?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    eally?! That's great! Anyone care to diverge which D/P episodes he comes out in so I can keep an eye out for him??
    I think it's dubbed already.The episode is called Hunter J Returns! Protect Tatetops!
    I forgot the dub name because I could care less about it.
    He just appears in that one episode though (coughthankgodcough)

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    The writers hardly bring up Misty anymore because she's such an old character now. Why would they bring up a character who hasn't been around since Johto?

Well because a lot of fans really liked her and many of us still do. She appeared after Jhoto in a few eps. It's fun to see some the old characters again(and how they've changed over time)

Back