• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats better, powerful Pokémon or Pokémon you like?

Which Pokémons better?

• A Pokémon i like.

Votes: 55 74.3%
  • A Pokémon thats strong. (Even if it maybe Ugly)

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Who cares? I just catch any Pokémon.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • A Pokémon thats strong but cute.

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    Well im stuck between training Jumpluff or Bellossom. I like Jumpluff more, although Bellossom is alot more powerful in the longrun.

What Pokémon do you think is better. Power or one you like and enjoy training?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    A powerful Pokemon that I like.

I prefer using Pokemon that I like. I'd much rather train something I enjoy training than training something just so it'd help me win. ^^

I personally prefer Bellossom, but that's just me. If you like Jumpluff, then train Jumpluff. ^^

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    Okay, i wonder if its possible to get two Toxic TM's on silver though since i'd need two if i were to teach Jumpluff and Crobat toxic.

If i cant i guess ill use a Bellossom then since its stats and move sets are superior.

And yeah, my 'Crobat' is still a Zubat since im still at Azlea town lol.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Not really ontopic, but I can answer your question:

1) Teach Toxic to Jumpluff.
    2) Get a male Smeargle, and get him to Sketch Toxic(maybe from battling a Ditto transformed into your Jumpluff)
    3) Breed Smeargle with a female Farfetch'd, until you have a male Farfetch'd with Toxic.
    4) Breed that Farfetch'd with a female Zubat. And there you go! Jumpluff & Crobat with Toxic. =D

Going back on the topic of your thread, I've trained several crazy critters in the Colour and Metal Generations, just because I liked them. I have a level 100 G Unown in my Crystal game. =D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd rather raise what I like... otherwise it pretty much defeats the point of the game unless you're obsessed with winning (which it seems many people in this world are, sadly).

Years
    Training Pokemon I like is important, because some Pokemon are a real drag to keep leveling up (the cocoons, Magikarp, etc.). You know, even a Pokemon like Dragonair or Pupitar isn't really all that fun to train either, since they take so long to evolve. I have to say, the tedious training involved with raising certain Pokemon is not fun at all, since most of it involves battling wild Pokemon, which can an extremely long time due to the lack of EXP gained in those battles.

I only worry about the power thing when competitive battling. The in-game AI in Pokemon is easy enough to get around with almost any Pokemon, if you know how to play the game and train your Pokemon properly. Most of the time, I try to use the Pokemon that I like the best.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    Not really ontopic, but I can answer your question:

1) Teach Toxic to Jumpluff.
    2) Get a male Smeargle, and get him to Sketch Toxic(maybe from battling a Ditto transformed into your Jumpluff)
    3) Breed Smeargle with a female Farfetch'd, until you have a male Farfetch'd with Toxic.
    4) Breed that Farfetch'd with a female Zubat. And there you go! Jumpluff & Crobat with Toxic. =D

Going back on the topic of your thread, I've trained several crazy critters in the Colour and Metal Generations, just because I liked them. I have a level 100 G Unown in my Crystal game. =D

That would take so long. I think ill choose Bellossom then since i dont mind using Bellossom anyway.

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
    Ones I like. However, ones I generally like tend to be pretty good anyway.

I will hardly ever use grass types tbqh with you. They don't come across as being overly strong, and I only seem to like a few Grass attacks.

Years
    I would rather have a pokemon i like and no because i know what it works well against and it's best move set.

I never keep legendary pokemon in my party.

Levity-Adam

Aipom rocks my socks!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    I would recommened that you catch Pokemon that you like to have in your team. It's no use haing a Pokemon you don't like very much as you would not try to achieve much with it.
    So for me, I would choose love over power.

:)

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    It's all about cuteness and looks for me. I'll get a Squirtle *my favourite* or a Totodile *second favourite* and train them at the highest possible level, I don't care that their basic starters. I love them and I want them to do the best they can. *Now this sounds like real life O_o*

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    i like powerful pokemon and cute pokemon for instance i like scizor and tyranitar i like training both form all levels even pupitar and scyther its fun for me and i also like umbreon and espeon they are cute as can be and umbreon can be deadly with toxic and confuse ray theyre my favs so i say go with your favs

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    I prefer pokémon I like, just because I like them (XD) and because you need to like a pokemon to use it basically, that's my two cents.

GuardianofAuraGirl

In my opinion I'd rather get Pokemon that I like because I only like to train Pokemon that I love - if I don't like the Pokemon that I train, it'll be pretty boring to me in other words it's kind of pointless. So for me, it's simply love over power/strength.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    In my opinion I'd rather get Pokemon that I like because I only like to train Pokemon that I love - if I don't like the Pokemon that I train, it'll be pretty boring to me in other words it's kind of pointless. So for me, it's simply love over power/strength.

couldn't have said it better myself. I love training pokemon that I like, even if they aren't as strong as others. They are mine and I trained them to the best of my knowledge. Why have strength when you don't like the pokemon?

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I train the ones I like.

The way I see it, if you train something you don't like just because it's supposed to be strong, then instead of just playing a game and having fun, it sometimes feels more like work.

Back