• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Whats Better?

What Game Do You Like?

• Leaf Green

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Emerald

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Ruby

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Saphire

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Firered

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Destinyfate

ѵᄐᄂᄋ
Years
  • Hey Guys/Gals You guys tell me What GBA Game Is The Best out of the above then Give one Reason Why.I personally Say Emerald Because its in Hoenn my Favourite region and has all three Legendarys!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I didn't like FRLG and Emerald is just a badass version of Ruby/Sapphire, soooo...it takes the win for me. Not to mention the introduction of the Battle Frontier.

Years
  • Emerald, definitely.

• You get to take on two evil teams.
    • I liked the selection of Pokemon in Hoenn.
    • The Battle Frontier was great, even better than Platinum's.
    • Gym Leader rematches (Double battles!).
    • Geographically, I love the Hoenn region, it's my favorite. So many interesting areas...

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • Leafgreen

-Mewtwo is the best pokemon you could catch

-There are not thousands of water routes

-the islands are endlessly fun

-there is a lot of playabilty after the championship

-Tons of pokemon to catch!

-and, as always, I don't acknowelde pokemon after Johto (;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Leaf Green. I never liked Hoenn as a region (too much water, unmemorable gym leaders/Elite Four), I LOVE Leaf's character design, and the selection of Pokemon gives it the edge over Fire Red.

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Fire Red has always been my favorite. It was the first Pokemon game I ever played, and I went through at the same time a friend was playing LG, so it was a lot of fun.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Emerald, It had the best and biggest story line. Plus you could catch lots of legendaries. I hated fire-red it had such a boring storyline with the bits of getting the rubya nd sapphire :\

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    My favourite would be Emerald. Hoenn is my favorite region and I also loved having both Rayquaza and Swampert on my team (both are favourite Pokemon).

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • I played Yellow first, so FR definitely gets points for nostalgia with me. Yet, I prefer Sapphire Version. On every Pokemon game I have, I've restarted at least once, with the exception of Sapphire and Diamond.

So, that means I've had the same Sapphire Version game file since I first opened the game up in 2003. Since then, I've raised an amazing Blaziken, ousted Team Aqua, saved Hoenn from disaster and preserved Kyogre from being used for evil, used my Nintendo Power EON Ticket to get myself a Latios, and traded them both to Colosseum where they mop the floor with Team Snagem and Team Cipher.

I don't plan on importing anything from Sapphire to Diamond. I hold every Pokemon I capture and raise there to be sacred, and don't want to defile them with 4th Gen mechanics and battle animations. :P

I enjoyed Sapphire mainly because it only cut out things from Gold and Silver that it had no room for; another league of badges, a true day-night cycle, and Team Rocket. Other than that, and its awesome musical score, it made some serious breakthroughs alongside Ruby Version, especially the whole island-hopping mechanic employed later on in Fire Red and Leaf Green, double battles, secret bases (and repeating battles with your friends' best teams :) ), and it introduced one of my favorite Pokemon, Rayquaza!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • R/B/Y was fun but then Fr/Lg came out and ruined Kanto for me. Seriously I hate those stupid islands and finding a bunch of plates to trade with R/S/E. The Pokedex was also the worse looking one out of all the games.

Emerald was by far the best, mainly because of the Battle Dome and 2 groups of villains to go up against and teaming up with Steven.

Tori

just got sponsored
    Years
  • i liked emerald because:
    1. its a combined version of R/S
    2. you can catch the three legenadries
    3. i never tried out R/FR/LG
    lol

Ayselipera

Emerald was just so much fun. I could play it over and over and not get bored of it. Plus the battle frontier was very enjoyable, which was something I wasn't expecting at all.

FR/LG was a remake that I had been waiting for, for so long. Plus the added sevii islands gave you so much to do at the end, so it wasn't as boring as the originals.

I think I might have to call it a tie. :o

Back