• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What's for lunch?" "Your MOM!"

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It's not just my little corner of the world experiencing the overuse of "your mom", I'm sure.
    Sometimes it's genuinely funny, but in the hands of a noob it's just annoying.
    Has anybody ever used it themselves? Like it? Hate it? Got a story? Or an annoying friend who uses it too much?

You know who else uses it too much? Your mom.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My previous school year, "That's what she said" was more in than "Your Mom", but my Algebra teacher did overuse it a tad the two years I had him >_>'....

No seriously, school teachers did like to use that. Probably I wasn't in the only school like that.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Your mother used to be quite funny at first, but now I don't find her comical at all!

People say this all the time at school. It's either "Your mom!" or "Your face!" if you can't come up with a good enough comeback to something. I personally find the phrase weak. What does my mom or your mom or your friend's mom have to do with the conversation? ;P

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Catch-all responses like this have never been clever or funny to me. Sometimes the people start up with these sayings, but it doesn't take long for them to get bored and get back to normal. Although, I've found that replying with "Your dad!" when someone says "Your mum!" has a somewhat jarring effect on people the first time around. o.o;

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I use it... But I use it normally to make fun of the people who use it. It's a silly saying, but it definitely IS over-used. Just like "that's what she said", "epic fail!", etc., which reallyyyy bothers me. Jokes and sayings are funny the first few times you hear them, but after that... God, it gets wayyy too old.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    I curse a lot in school. Mostly because people sometimes won't leave me alone. Or they annoy me. Or they just deserve it. Or they're perverts.

I probably got off topic, I do use your mom, but I also use other way more inappropriate words.

shot571

Na people calm down after a while. I mean up till year 9 it was pretty freqeunt especially year 7 then people slowly stopped now I barely hear stuff like that.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    Im not very clever with come backs, so i think i overuse "what ever, shut up!" to much or your mom.

And i always think to say "thats what she said" a half second to late.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    "That's what she said!" is used more than "Your Mum!" here. Funniness really depends on the situation.
    I find "That's what she said!" to be more funny for the most part, but again it depends on the context.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Do you know who doesn't aprove this thread? Your mom!

I only use it in smart situations, where I know that it would be funny. Also, in portuguese sounds funnier.

Ichigo_Kurosaki

*Cuts in half*
    Years
    In my class we say (imagine it in a jamaican accent) "ya mammy,sissa,uncle,neighba,dog,master,girlfriend,landlord" or something like that. it sounds stupid now but during class its really funny.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    No one at my school uses it in fear that someone they say it to is someone who's mother has died. I'd never say something so idiotic.

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I hate when people do that.

"What's up?" "Your mom!" -_-

Seriously? Why is that funny?

Then sometimes if you're talking to someone they'll scream really loud "NO! I will not take off my pants!"

iyiyi

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Kids in my school used to say "Thats what she said" and a bunch of other things. It got so annoying though. I mean seriously, they acted like a bunch of 5 yr olds.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i dont think i have ever used it. i know people at my school did all the time but i never talked during school. plus i think sayings like that are really stupid and immature.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Saying "Your mum" used to be big where I'm from but recently not that many people use it. Scottish people already have so many unique insulting phrases so the "thing" to say changes like the weather haha.

My brother used to say it a lot though, I asked him once what he was doing and he quickly replied with "your mum" ... He then realised who he had said it to and has never used the phrase since. Haha.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    ...it annoys the heck out of me when people use it. :/ It's just stupid. Some people might find it offensive too. Like me. It's just awkward in my opinion.

Back