• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's going to happen to Crys?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Since Crystal already has brown hair, they could change her outfit if they really wanted to.
    If not, they'll probably just introduce her as a new character.

Years
    Was'nt Crystal/Marina's hair blue?

Yeah, it's presently blue. However, in my first post I found an old manga cover with a brunette Crys. I think they changed it from brown to blue.

Since Crystal already has brown hair, they could change her outfit if they really wanted to.
    If not, they'll probably just introduce her as a new character.

Yeah. One of those two. I don't think they'd replace Crys.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I think that it is very unlikely that they will replace Crystal even if they introduce a new character and I really do not considered the game character to be the same character as the Pokemon Special character just counterparts that they design with based off of. I notice the pattern of the Pokedex Holdercharacters are based off of games version such as Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum all which are game version. Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen are remake version of Pokemon Red and Green and Pokemon HearGold and SoulSilver are remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver meaning there were never any characters named 'Fire' or 'Leaf' in the manga. There was a character name 'Leaf' in the game who was believed to be based off the same design as Blue from Special from the guidebook from the generation one games but Pokemon Special names the characters based on game version. I could see this girl as a supportive character if she is proven not to be a redesign of Crys' game counterpart. Though I think it would be much easier for the writers if they to let Crys wear the girl's clothes regardless. Though I was wonder why the author made Crys' hair brown at first constrast to her game counterparts hair which is greenish blue. The only way I can see her new character introduce as a Pokedex Holder is if she had timetraveled from the past or from the future. That is just my personally thoughts on this.

Last edited:
    Years
    they're not replacing her. She's the spokesgirl for silver so-to-speak. they can't get rid of crystal. they have really nothing to do with one another

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If they're replacing Crys in the games, there's a pretty good chance they'll do likewise in the manga, since the manga is based off the games.

They can't just simply throw Crystal out of the Manga, just because of the game. Besides, is Yellow part of the games? Is Emerald? Well, yet, they have their own arcs, but their character design was never made in the game.

Though there is a new girl who is possible going to be a new character, they're not going to get rid of Crystal. Especially considering it's PokeSpe, and even though they "follow" the game, they don't do it exact. Emerald Arc pretty much says all, with all the Pokedex Holders coming together.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    I thought there was another thread for this already. Myeh, I'll answer anyway.

Like Peaches said, you can't just throw a character out of a story (And a main character at that) and then leave them to rot in the background. It doesn't work that way. Besides, even if they DID replace her, they'd have to come up with everything that makes up a character anew--Personality, history, some type of unique talent, interactions with the other characters, etc. It would just be much easier to take an already formed character and change the appearance a bit. This is POKESPE we're talking about, guys. If they give her the clothes, it won't make her look terrible, and they can always come up with something in the story anyway. Either that or they could officially make her hair brown, since it seems they change it every few volumes or so. XP Besides, even if they replace her, Crystal has some fans of her own. And they won't be happy if she fades away. >(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Yes have a point clover_bookcat, most of main characters in Pokemon Special are three-dimensional unlike in the protagonists in the games who is silent and gender choice that is left unchosen plays the supportive role, who is one-dimensional. The main characters Pokemon anime characters are considered two-dimensional meaning not quite one-dimensional or three-dimensional, but some of them they do have somewhat of a backstory, but it is not as indepth as most of main characters from Pokemon Special. I have doubts sure about there being a new Pokedex Holder in an Pokemon Special arc based of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver based the pattern of how the writers named the Pokedex Holders unless they do something unexpected such as her being a visitor from the past or future or she would be a character who play a supportive main role. Personally though I think that the writers are most likely going to redress Crys in those clothes because she has a similar hairstyle as the female protagonist of HGSS, she is wearing shorts of some kind, and even has brown hair. Even though Crys' hair was change to navy blue from chestnut brown it became brown again as shown on Volume 27 cover. There are many way's to give Crys' the clothes and she could appreciate the clothes or either does not have to like them at first. I mean there are plenty of ways to get a character to wear clothes. It could be a present from her mother, it could have been a gift for Emerald, she could be going to a school to learn more about Pokemon and that could be the uniform that they wear, she decides to work on a farm temporarily, or she could disguise her for some reason.

Last edited:
    Years
    AHH HUGE BLOCKS OF TEXT
    After hearing everyone's opinion, I think that they'll just change Crys' clothes and/or make her hair brown again.
    Pokemon hair dye? Ahahah.
    Or Crys goes on like Extreme Makeover or something? That would be so cool LOL

Clover Cat

Years
    AHH HUGE BLOCKS OF TEXT
    After hearing everyone's opinion, I think that they'll just change Crys' clothes and/or make her hair brown again.
    Pokemon hair dye? Ahahah.
    Or Crys goes on like Extreme Makeover or something? That would be so cool LOL
    They had Emerald use wax, lol. XD Based on her mom's appearance...I think that's where she gets the clothes. Or Emerald and Ruby design them together and send them as a gift. XP -shot by fangirls-

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I don't keep up with the manga but it does seem like Crys's image will change when they go over the storyline that will be HGSS for the manga. As I said before, I don't keep up with the manga's storyline but maybe this image of the girl for HGSS could be like Crys during the events of what was the RSY storyline so we could get like some prequel to the GSC manga storyline. That or we may get some reason as to why Crys had to go brunette once they reach the HGSS storyline.

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    My assumption is they're going to keep Crystal and just give her a whole new outfit change. Crystal is too much of an important character to lose especially all she's done during the G/S/C arc.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Hello this was found by another person, but I think the reason that Crys had brown hair in Pokemon Special could have been influenced from the sprite that I put in spoilers.

Spoiler:

Anyway I think Gold and Silver will get more role than Crystal in the HGSS arc just like the FRLG arc focus primarily on Red and Green got more role than in the FRLG arc, but I still think Crystal will play a major role in the arc though.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Years
    But Mika, that doesn't make sense. Even if they based her hair color on that sprite, the pokemon game creators always release a full scale, colored picture of the main characters, usually on the game boxes themselves, or CoroCoro. I really think that they might just change her hairstyle so it looks less stiff, but keep the color. They did that for Red, why wouldn't they do it this time? And you know, if they change Crystal's hair to brown, she'll be the THIRD girl to have brown hair, and fourth character overall if you count Green's (Although I think his is more orangey then brown).

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    But Mika, that doesn't make sense. Even if they based her hair color on that sprite, the pokemon game creators always release a full scale, colored picture of the main characters, usually on the game boxes themselves, or CoroCoro. I really think that they might just change her hairstyle so it looks less stiff, but keep the color. They did that for Red, why wouldn't they do it this time? And you know, if they change Crystal's hair to brown, she'll be the THIRD girl to have brown hair, and fourth character overall if you count Green's (Although I think his is more orangey then brown).

Even though the girl's hair are brown they are different shades of brown, Blue hair is mid-brown, Crystal hair is sometimes dark brown, and Sapphire's hair is silverish brown. Though I really would not matter to me if they let her hair stay navy blue though.

Clover Cat

Years
    Even though the girl's hair are brown they are different shades of brown, Blue hair is mid-brown, Crystal hair is sometimes dark brown, and Sapphire's hair is silverish brown. Though I really would not matter to me if they let her hair stay navy blue though.
    I guess, but when I picture them all grouped together...The color scheme bugs me, I guess.

Back